Home

Weekly Press Conference?

This is a discussion on Weekly Press Conference? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
Weekly Press Conference?

In franchise mode i think it would be cool if you could do like a weekly press conference and they ask questions like is ______ going to play sunday? gives you a variety of answers.

what do you think of your opponents? gives you variety of answers.

say your team has been losing for a couple weeks straight or whatever they will ask what you need to do to turn things around based on your answer your teams morale will go up or down based on your answer.

say they have a player that is on fire or a star player they ask how you will be able to shut them down gives you variety of answers.

after game conferences.
they ask questions like how you felt the team did in a losing effort depending how you answer will make team morale go up or down for the week, same for winning effort.

also a player demands a trade depending on how you answer the questions about his contract dispute depends how much he wants to leave or if he will re-consider staying or signing a new deal etc...etc... i think you guy get what i mean.

what do you think of this?

Last edited by buddyhobbs321813; 05-17-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Weekly Press Conference?

Well that is decent idea. But that is to much to go through just to play a football game.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well that is decent idea. But that is to much to go through just to play a football game.
i do understand that but i think it would make franchise more in-depth and real but if thats how you feel they could have an option to turn it off and on which would make everyone happy
Old 05-17-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

That might be kinda cool if it happened a handful of times throughout the season and in the playoffs. Only if it worked out to have some sort of functional purpose in the game, and wasn't superfluous.

#GoPackGo
Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

yeah i think it would be cool if it happened every once in awhile....like in a chise with oakland maybe before a game something pops up and says " The SF chronicle would like some comments about what you think of your upcoming opponent" Then theres like 3 or4 choices and you pick one...idk if it would determine anything but it would be kinda cool maybe if theres a headlines/newspaper thing in franchise it could go in it

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

yeah like in an oakland chise at the beginning of the season they could ask 'how many games do you think you'll win this year?' and the options would be like '0, 1, 2, 3'

jk

I think this would be a cool idea. There's always room for improvement when it comes to realism. I have a feeling we're going to get a good helping of it this year though.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

I love franchise but even I think that's a bit much lol
Old 05-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

you guys do know that EA's FIFA game had this very same concept in it, right?

like 3 or 4 years ago. LOL

it's a very cool idea. throughout the season the coach/manager gets asked questions and depending on how he responds, the team would either gain morale, or lose fatigue, or the owner's approval would change, or the team would make some money, or you would lose fan support, stuff like that. it wasn't annoying and it was done pretty well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »