Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: New Features Walkthrough (Gametrailers)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: New Features Walkthrough (Gametrailers) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #57
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: New Vid on Gametrailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
One concern for me is that at the lime of scrimmage (pre-snap), only the offensive skill player names appear... i was hoping they might show the defensive skill players names too, so i knew who my wr or te was up against.

I wouldn't throw to ochocinco if asomugha was on him kinda thing... makes it more of a chess game... the current way is a guessing game... checkers.
Thank You!!! Thank you!!! Thank You!!! I thought I was the only one that wanted this. I've been asking for this for YEARS!!!! I NEED to know if my WR is lined up against their top corner or if he's lined up against another corner. I'm gonna be more cautious if I know my WR is going up against an elite corner. Now, I have no way to know who's he lined up against. God forbid someone assigns their top corner to follow my no. 1 WR around. I NEED to know this.
Other than that the video looks good! Everyone has already listed most of my complaints about the vid so there's no need to go over them again, but PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! SHOW THE DEFENSIVE SKILLED PLAYERS NAMES BEFORE SNAP!!!!!!! Better yet, you can show all of the defensive players names before snap if you like.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #58
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Now you know how the community felt dealing with Mr. Ortiz for the last few years
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Does anyone besides me wish that Madden moments were the actual games, instead of situational scenarios? I don't want to play the last 2 minutes of the game. I want to play the game itself.
Ehm... I'm lost. If you want to replay the "moment" that Peyton Manning drove the Colts to beat the Vikings last year, but you want to play the whole game, couldn't you simply set up a Play Now game between the Colts and Vikings?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #59

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
One of the best examples of game play and presentation we have seen thus far.

Game Play

Best game play I have seen in Madden, ever. Pocket's forming, guys are coming off the line correctly (no instant start). Game speed looks good. Coverage looks good.

The pocket is better, but still doesn't look quite right. It might just be that on this play the DT got pressure, but they pushed right up the middle, pretty much negating the pocket feel.

The biggest problem that I saw was the DB coverage by the guys that weren't in man coverage (zone players). The safeties that were deep (looks like Cover man 2) were still instant turning (you can see the one on the right do it several times). This is going to be a game breaker for any zone coverage, and something that still doesn't appear to be fixed/addressed. Looks like instant turns are still in.

Presentation

Looks good. The one thing that I see which still hasn't been fixed are the quick head jerks (snapping), and then how the camera follows players after a play is over. The camera follows a player (locked in) and because the players movements are fast/jerky, it causes the camera to jerk as well. The camera needs to get a passing shot of the player. Find a player to follow, determine their direction, and then let the camera float that way independently. Even if they lose site of the player, at least the camera won't jerk back and forth. When the player is no longer in frame, then transition to another player, or to the same player from a different angle.

That is a very good observation and excellent job of explaining it. You're right, that is the way cameras follow players in real life. It would look more crisp if it is done that way on the game. Sounds difficult to implement though because I think the camera movement, no matter where it is, is dictated by the player's movement.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #60
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Does anyone besides me wish that Madden moments were the actual games, instead of situational scenarios? I don't want to play the last 2 minutes of the game. I want to play the game itself.
or you can just play the game itself in Play Now

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 21

Nice to see a bit more gameplay footage. Game still doesn't seem to convey the sense of speed/chaotic/random nature of an NFL play imo, but I'm sure my perspective is a little different than most here. Really not worried about the warping tackle late in the vid; sure that's an anomally and will get cleaned up. But a lot of Pro-Tak to date seems to be the same/similar with the way gang tackles occur. Will be interested to see extended gameplay video to see how it all really plays out. Really liked the camera angle at the 4min mark ( I think); presentation overall looks much improved for a Madden title. Still think they could afford to do less detail in the players and put more resources to [surroundings] but guess that wouldn't fly with a lot of people.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #62
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Ehm... I'm lost. If you want to replay the "moment" that Peyton Manning drove the Colts to beat the Vikings last year, but you want to play the whole game, couldn't you simply set up a Play Now game between the Colts and Vikings?
Would it be with the Super Bowl Team? Would it be in a Super Bowl environment (stadium, presentation)? Would you get the Super Bowl win/end animation? If there's a way to do that, then that would be great. Heck a Super Bowl mode would be a great addition. Ability to play any Super Bowl, ever. (Probably an easy mode for them to add as well as long as you can live with Collinsworth calling the plays in Super Bowl I heh).
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #63
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Thank You!!! Thank you!!! Thank You!!! I thought I was the only one that wanted this. I've been asking for this for YEARS!!!! I NEED to know if my WR is lined up against their top corner or if he's lined up against another corner. I'm gonna be more cautious if I know my WR is going up against an elite corner. Now, I have no way to know who's he lined up against. God forbid someone assigns their top corner to follow my no. 1 WR around. I NEED to know this.
If the CPU has any intelligence at all, it would automatically shadow your best WR with its best CB...For example...if I play as the Panthers against the Raiders, I expect to see Asomugha on Smith all day...it's up to me to come up with innovative ways to get Smith the ball, whether it be WR screens or reverses, etc...I almost expect the #1 CB to follow the #1 WR around the field all day to be automatic...

Pretty good vid...Ian seemed a little....winded. Need to start doing some exercising before interviews...get the stamina up.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 16

Look guys I'm at work.I cant view it.dose the vid still have PIT vs AZ or new teams I hope new teams.

Cincy still open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »