Home

No Ask Madden Or Ask Coach?

This is a discussion on No Ask Madden Or Ask Coach? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: No Ask Madden Or Ask Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's still there. Unless they've removed it since CD, and I doubt that.

Everyone finds it odd... even the Madden team looked at me funny when I told 'em... I call by play type and by player, almost never by formation unless I'm looking for a specific personnel package I think will beat the defenses I'm facing. Just doesn't make sense to me... the first decision I make is what I want to do, not what look I want to give them when I do it.

I wish they'd give us a custom playcall screen where we could name our own categories and put whatever plays we wanted in those categories.
That would be a great way to appease the peeps asking to create a playbook..for now at least. it would be a nice way to implement the different styles of different teams as well, good idea. Did you guys ask them about the field marks on the playcall screen as well? and thats a good philosphy you have when it comes to play calling im going to use a lil of that in M10

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I use "By Formation" quite a bit because, playing with the Panthers, we use our FB a lot. So it's quite useful for me to know (while varying which run plays I use, by using offset I's or I formation) that there will be that blocker there for me, which I don't always know if I just use the "By Play Type"...I know I could just use my eyes to look at the play art, but what fun is that?

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #11
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

I actually call my own plays .. i may ask madden what is opinion is. if he thinks run ill pick a run play i think will work. or i use ask madden for the obvious fg or punt situations because its quicker

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I never did mess with that feature on the play calling. I called my own plays. I don't allow the PC to call it for me.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Everyone finds it odd... even the Madden team looked at me funny when I told 'em... I call by play type and by player, almost never by formation unless I'm looking for a specific personnel package I think will beat the defenses I'm facing. Just doesn't make sense to me... the first decision I make is what I want to do, not what look I want to give them when I do it.

I wish they'd give us a custom playcall screen where we could name our own categories and put whatever plays we wanted in those categories.
Ahhh, my strategy is different from yours. I always call plays by formation. My intention is showing multiple looks so that my opponent gets comfortable with certain looks. Once he thinks he knows what's coming, based off the look I've been showing him, BAM!!! Surprise city Playaction for a deep pass
out of I form Tight or something like that. Also, when playing head to head, your opponent can see what type of play you're calling. For instance, my boy calls plays by type. Every so often when we're playing, I'll see a whole bunch of screens on his screen. I know he's looking for a screen so I call something that plays a screen well. I know it's wrong, but I just can't help myself sometimes.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:

Otherwise known as "Favorites"?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
I actually call my own plays .. i may ask madden what is opinion is. if he thinks run ill pick a run play i think will work. or i use ask madden for the obvious fg or punt situations because its quicker
Watch out doing this. I stopped using ask Madden years ago for this because it's not very trustworthy. A few years ago I lost a franchise game because of this. I was down by 2 in range of about a 57yd fg with about 50secs left in the game. I had a 4th and 11 and just clicked the ask madden real quick figuring it would have me set up for a fg. Oh no, I come out in a shotgun formation. WTF? Oh no, I don't have any more time outs. Oh no, I can't take a delay of game. OH NO!!! Apparently the game felt the 57yd fg was too long, but you and I know that you can kick 57yd fg's all day on Madden....especially with Janikowski. Well, I didn't get the 1st down and I lost the game. What really pissed me off is, I would have made the playoffs had I won it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
exactly what i do

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »