Home

CHICAGO BEARS madden 2010

This is a discussion on CHICAGO BEARS madden 2010 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:15 AM   #57
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: CHICAGO BEARS madden 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
KO's Career:

G QBRTG Comp % Yds TD INT
33 71.1 505 55.3 5319 30 27

JC's Career:

37 87.1 762 62.5 9024 54 37

Lets not argue who got the better QB. Even with Denver having better WR's, they had **** for running. We all know run makes the pass easier, meaning you dont need quite as much talent at WR then you would if you had no running game. Also its the QB that can develop recievers not the other way around.

** side note**

Aaron Rodgers has not played enough to make a proper statistical comparison to either. I did it regardless. And in order for AR to reach JC's stats in the same amount of games hes going to have to throw for at least 332yds a game with 1.8Tds a game. For 14 games. Can it be done? Maybe. Will it be done.....eehhh...

AR Career:

23 91.8 376 63.2 4367 29 14

I'd say the bears and packers battles just got a tad bit more interesting. BUT. Currently the bears have the best QB in the division.
Wait a second here... you are telling me that you don't need a good WR if you have an elite HB? That doesn't make much sense to me if i understood you correctly. What is he going to do? Throw it to himself when the D is shutting down the run-game?

I am not some football guru that sits and looks over all the stats, or knows everything so i can sound smart in situations like this. Its simple enough to understand that not every team has a 100% successful running game every game of the year. One team will catch on and shut down the run, and then you open it up with the pass. That's when you need a decent WR to bail you out and make things easier.

Chicago might have all the peices that Denver didnt have last year when it comes to the running game, but you guys didnt trade for a running back, you traded for a QB. he needs to have someone that he can throw too...and oh yes, he needs to be able to catch the ball...
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

And how exactly do you suppose teams stop the run? By putting more men in the box and allowing more single coverage. Which for a good quarterback is easy pickins'.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #59
All Star

OVR: 33

Denver Broncos in 2008 had the #5 ranked rushing YPC in the league.

Don't tell me they didn't have a running game.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #60

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Denver Broncos in 2008 had the #5 ranked rushing YPC in the league.

Don't tell me they didn't have a running game.
Like i said, i don't know all the numbers, but overall that's good to read.

It just further proves my point however. You need receivers to be good. Marshall made cutler look good by getting more yards after the reception. Again, he made Cutler look good by going up there and snagging bad passes.

You can have the best arm in the league, but if you don't have someone good enough to catch the ball, your screwed. Orton may not have a rocket arm, or a arm capable of throwing consistent long balls, but what he does have is a core of guys that can catch the good and the badly thrown balls. He has proven he can do something with close to nothing in terms of receivers, but now that he has something, i believe the sky is the limit.

I am still not sold on the stable of r-backs we have, (yes including Moreno), but someone, somewhere has to fit in the master plan McDaniel's has for this team.

Will we do better than Chicago?, probably not considering Da Bears have a pretty solid D. Plus it doesnt help with our switch to 3-4. But complaints aside, you never know untill the first and last snaps are taken.

Look at the Tampa Bay Rays, people thought they were nothing...
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #61

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
And how exactly do you suppose teams stop the run? By putting more men in the box and allowing more single coverage. Which for a good quarterback is easy pickins'.
First off, who cares how they do it? The fact is if they do it, and you cant get a rhythm going between your QB and receivers, then you are in for a long day.

Second off, its good for a QB when he has the right guys to make it easy for him. I guess i just understand some peoples philosophy when they think the QB has to do all the work when it comes to the passing game...its like dancing, it requires 2 people.

I browsed over the stats from last year, and i just have to ask myself just who in the hell is going to break out, and step it up for the bears in terms of receiving? I don't know the bears all that well, so maybe someone can answer that for me.
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #62
All Star

OVR: 33

lol Devin Hester. Brandon Lloyd.

So in essence. Greg Olsen.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 12

Greg Olsen wasn't the only good TE on the Bears. Clark is a good receiving TE and the year Rex has his big numbers Clark was one of the main reasons.

Hester is actually developing pretty good, he isn't very good with the playbook and was changing from defense. He isn't a player that does well with change. So, these things take time. But anyone who watched him last year could tell you he played pretty good especially at the end of the season.

Lloyd actually had a lot to do with the first half of Orton's stats. His problem is that he can't stay healthy. I actually wish they would have kept because I think he may have been the best option for them this year providing he stayed health. The guy made some incredible catches.

Forte was our leading receiver last year and the main reason we did as well on Offense as we did.

I am not saying we had/have HoF receivers but I do think a good QB can work with what we had last year and do well.

But if everyone wants to argue which game first the chicken or egg I think we could go at this for all eternity.

Bottom line for me if I had to put money I which one has a better season today it is a pretty clear pick.

You Denver guy should be talking more about your extra 1st round picks because that is were the real value was in the trade. It really wasn't Orton even though there may be potential there.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 9

Cutler will be mediocre if Chicago doesn't get him more weapons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »