Home

no weather in wii version

This is a discussion on no weather in wii version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: no weather in wii version

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I couldn't disagree with you more. From the videos I've seen, and from the IGN preview I read (here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/980/980936p3.html), the Wii version looks to me like a complete and total failure.

My guess is that they'll scrap this direction for another new one next year on the Wii.

The Wii version is perfect for the audience they are looking for, these aren't hard core football gamers. It's for kids and wives, the reason the Wii out sales everyone is not because men are buying them.

Its moms buying them for there kids, but really the moms want to play them. Don’t think for one minute your wife watches you play games and doesn’t secretly wish she could be involved, but its not really possible.

Wii changes all of that gives the entire family a entertainment outlet, Madden 10 for the Wii is exactly what EA wanted a football game for ALL ages & genders to play. Madden All Play!
Plus moms love Wii fit...

Last edited by mars85042; 05-19-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Well...technically, that's not true. Even if it's sunny and 70 degrees all the time, that's STILL weather.

true

but, i cant imagine a football game without weather.
Imagine if Ian & Company did this?

i mean the genesis version had snow.
backyard football has snow
Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #19
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I couldn't disagree with you more. From the videos I've seen, and from the IGN preview I read (here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/980/980936p3.html), the Wii version looks to me like a complete and total failure.

My guess is that they'll scrap this direction for another new one next year on the Wii.
Although I'm not a Wii player, EA is totally happy with the direction for Madden on the Wii and will most likely not scrap this idea.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #20
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Lol no weather? Wow.
Probably no bad weather.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

Who cares about the wii?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

I hope you guys realize this is still using the slow simulation madden engine...You guys talk about how this a great change yet it's just madden with cartoony graphics with players with exagerrated bodies. Remember how ea slapped on the "arena" tag on madden and how stale that game played. Well this will be even worse than that cause kids are going expect a game that plays like nba jam, or nfl blitz. What they are getting is just a repainted madden so that the younger generatin and casual gamers that make up the wii's audience buy the game.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #23
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon14 Re: no weather in wii version

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Sorry dudes, but the Wii version has been COMPLETELY redone this year, and honestly, I WOULD say weather being left out, of all things, was probably the right choice. It's these very forums that always say "gameplay should come first".

As far as hwo the game looks, I think this is EXACTLY what this version of Madden needs. Something to COMPLETELY differentiate itself from the other versions, and make it unique for that console. I'm not saying everyone has to agree, but IMO, this was the ABSOLUTE right direction for this game, and is the reason I will pick up the PS3 AND Wii versions this year.

Well done EA.
I agree. I think the Wii version will be great for the non hardcore football fans. I think it will do very well as far as sales go.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:47 AM   #24

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Sorry dudes, but the Wii version has been COMPLETELY redone this year, and honestly, I WOULD say weather being left out, of all things, was probably the right choice. It's these very forums that always say "gameplay should come first".

As far as hwo the game looks, I think this is EXACTLY what this version of Madden needs. Something to COMPLETELY differentiate itself from the other versions, and make it unique for that console. I'm not saying everyone has to agree, but IMO, this was the ABSOLUTE right direction for this game, and is the reason I will pick up the PS3 AND Wii versions this year.

Well done EA.
Even though i would never pick up this game I agree that this game is a very good fit for the wii.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »