Home

Favre and Vick? What do you think?

This is a discussion on Favre and Vick? What do you think? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Favre and Vick? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I am betting that we wont need to wait for a roster update to see Favre in the game. He was in last year so I would think it wouldn't take much to get his model in if it isn't already. Secondly I believe he will be a Viking before the start of training camp which would give them ample time to get him in on the Vikings roster.

Obviously I am extremely excited to both play with Favre and see him in purple for real. I think he will be a perfect fit for the Vikes and I honeslty beleive he has enough arm left to do what this team needs a QB to do. Its not a done deal yet but I think both sides are pushing.
Be careful what you wish for...Favre is only getting older...he'll be playing in a dome for 8 games which should help, but I don't think he can take cold weather games like he used to...he'll be a liability towards the end of the season...but he should be an upgrade over Rosenfels, and I don't know how far Jackson has come along...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I am betting that we wont need to wait for a roster update to see Favre in the game. He was in last year so I would think it wouldn't take much to get his model in if it isn't already. Secondly I believe he will be a Viking before the start of training camp which would give them ample time to get him in on the Vikings roster.

Obviously I am extremely excited to both play with Favre and see him in purple for real. I think he will be a perfect fit for the Vikes and I honeslty beleive he has enough arm left to do what this team needs a QB to do. Its not a done deal yet but I think both sides are pushing.
Well Farve ain't made it to vikings camp just yet. He has to go through surgry. Then because of his age. It could take his body time to heal for the surgry. And it doesn't mean he will play again neither. It all depends if it heals fast enough. Plus he got to wait and see how his body will react. He might come out and have a great preseaon. But again the questionis. Will his body be able to hold up another season. BTW he has to pass pshuical before the team will sign. So him making to the vikings camp is still up in the air right now.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #27
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
He's disgusting.
But yet you feel just fine playing Madden with Ray Lewis and Leonard Little don't you?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #28
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Lewis "allegedly" did what you imply. Little...well, he did...and I don't play with either of those gentlemen...but I never did play with Vick, either...he was a Falcon, I'm a Panther fan...I don't do franchises with division rivals.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #29
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Lewis "allegedly" did what you imply. Little...well, he did...and I don't play with either of those gentlemen...but I never did play with Vick, either...he was a Falcon, I'm a Panther fan...I don't do franchises with division rivals.
Haha, that's true. I can honestly say I've never used Steve Smith in a franchise either due to bad memories of him burning DeAngelo Hall over and over again.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeriousNorwood
But yet you feel just fine playing Madden with Ray Lewis and Leonard Little don't you?

the details that came with the Vick case were just so pathetic, that anyone who has a dog(which is a large part of the popuation), instantly became disgusted with Vick

Andy will also save you the trouble, Human life > animal life, but the sadistic nature that people now associate with Vick will always be their, and the fact that Vick denied everything he did until his boys rolled on him, somehow makes him look even more pathetic.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #31
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

God I don't think I can take seeing Favre in the enemies colors. As much as I've admired the guy for what hes done for my favorite team since I was 16, if he is in the game I'll have to try and put him in permanant retirement.

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME FREDO!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Agree with you 100% everyone has been treating Vick like he has been convicted of 3 murders. What Vick has done was simply wrong but there is something called forgiveness. He is one of my favorite players (I have seen him play when he played the Giants a few years ago) and one of my favorite Madden players. With all the new improvements to this years Madden playing against guys like Vick and Favre should be very exicting, seeing Favre with a purple jersey and Vick with another jersey other then Atlanta.
+1 I agree this is silly, let it go Vick has paid his debt!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »