Home

THIS year would be great, but...

This is a discussion on THIS year would be great, but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: THIS year would be great, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
...if not this year, definitely next year's Madden.

I've been playing Madden 08 on the XBOX and in Franchise mode I am able to do some things I'd like to be able to do on the 360 version as soon as possible.

1. I can choose any game on the weekly schedule and play that game ie. MY TEAM in Franchise is the Jaguars. So I've been playing their game each week but for the heck of it I choose 1 other game that week (Giants vs. Cowboys) to play. And since I did a Fantasy draft it's pretty cool to see who are on the other teams after I've chosen their game that week. Helps keep things fresh is a good way to say it.

2. I can choose which uniform the opposing team wears in the games I play. And there is a view of the entire uniform while choosing.

3. I can edit any player in the league w/in my Franchise. If I remember right, I can edit everything about them except their attributes. I really like this capability.

There are others things on last gen, too. But these 3 have stood out to me as changes where we went backwards on current gen for some reason. I'd like to be able to have more freedom in Franchise like we used to.

Anyway, like I said...if not this year's Madden, then next year please.
I am pretty sure you can do all of these in 10. Not positive about #3...would have to follow up on that to be sure, but the rest definitely work as of today's build.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #10
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I am pretty sure you can do all of these in 10. Not positive about #3...would have to follow up on that to be sure, but the rest definitely work as of today's build.
thanks for the response Ian. Do you know when the Easports Live podcast will be available?

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps

Last edited by Smoke316; 05-19-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #11
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

And again Ian is clutch

I dont even care about most of this stuff but obviously someone does so it's nice to see someone elses concerns addressed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

Can you confirm 3 at some point?

That is the only one that matter to me. It was heavily talked about in another post not to long ago.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Ian, thanks for taking the time to reply on this thread. And yes, if you can confirm #3, that'd be great.

Keep up the great work.
(They should give you a raise next year...like $1.05 per hour extra or something like that).
Old 05-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
I didn't try this at CD, but I hope we can choose dark's vs. dark's. I used to love doing that in 2K5. I'd put the broncos all-blue's vs. the Steelers dark's, it was nice. When I saw USC do it against UCLA it reminded me of that.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 31

Quote:
#3 is probably the most crucial one when it comes to franchise players IMO.

I know alot of things have been fixed in general by the Madden Dev's....but this option (which we havent had in next-gen yet)
is a MUST.
With so many new sliders, and setting available to the users...this editing option would be a big MISS if it's not in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan46
#3 is probably the most crucial one when it comes to franchise players IMO.

I know alot of things have been fixed in general by the Madden Dev's....but this option (which we havent had in next-gen yet)
is a MUST.
With so many new sliders, and setting available to the users...this editing option would be a big MISS if it's not in there.

I agree 100%. This is in my top 3 of most important features to be in thjis year's franchise mode. Ian did say he's "pretty sure" so it has at least been on someone's mind. Hopefully he can confirm it.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »