Home

THIS year would be great, but...

This is a discussion on THIS year would be great, but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: THIS year would be great, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Boy
I was just gonna mention this once I saw Ian's quote too. I would love it if they could give us the ability to edit ratings in franchise mode. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to put in so hopefully they can get it done for this year.
Very good point. As Ian said, it's our game so why shouldn't I be able to edit Sinorce Moss in Franchise mode so that he is as good as Santana as everyone expected?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yep. Fairly sure you could break all kinds of things by doing it but that's been our attitude towards all of it...it's your game, you should be able to do whatever the hell you want.
Ian, what about, for example, the Patriots did this a lot in goal line situations on offense, they would take Vrable and put him in as tight end. Is this possible also?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 13

Being able to edit ratings in franchise mode would really take alot of pressure off the Madden crew to really perfect the ratings and progression system. Its not easy and even if you do get it perfect in one persons eyes, it wont be perfect to all. Allowing us to edit ratings takes away the frustration (most of it anyway) of dealing with players who progress too fast or too slow.

Some will use it to cheat, although I think most Madden sim fanatics would use it to really make the game more realistic.

It always got on my nerves that when a team did well for a few seasons in a row, nearly all of their starters were in the 90s. Being able to edit ratings wouldve fixed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 9

Ian- will we be able to edit the names, colleges, appearence, etc. of rookies in the pre-made draft classes?

That would be EPIC.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.

Last edited by xanmank; 05-21-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #53
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yep. Fairly sure you could break all kinds of things by doing it but that's been our attitude towards all of it...it's your game, you should be able to do whatever the hell you want.
I can even win the SuperBowl with the Raiders?!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I can even win the SuperBowl with the Raiders?!

I thought I saw a post from Ian or Donny which indicated that when they tested and tried to win the Super Bowl with the Raiders, the system started smoking and blood began spilling out of the disc tray....something like that?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:22 PM   #55
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
I thought I saw a post from Ian or Donny which indicated that when they tested and tried to win the Super Bowl with the Raiders, the system started smoking and blood began spilling out of the disc tray....something like that?
That’s funny I saw a post that said every Superbowl presentation always defaulted back to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Weird I guess it was a known issue but yeah every team that tried to win a super bowl received congratulations to the Chiefs for winning the Superbowl.

Circle the wagons maw we got a live one!
P.S. This is not true!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #56
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6

I don't doubt it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »