Home

Changing Default Playbooks

This is a discussion on Changing Default Playbooks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 32
Changing Default Playbooks

How do I change a team's default playbook. For instance, I want to change the Dolphin's playbook from a 4-3 (default in Madden) to a 3-4 (real life). But I want this to happen so when I play them I don't have to change it every time. So basically, how do I change a teams playbook so in like sim games or when I play they run the desired playbook I chose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Changing Default Playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
How do I change a team's default playbook. For instance, I want to change the Dolphin's playbook from a 4-3 (default in Madden) to a 3-4 (real life). But I want this to happen so when I play them I don't have to change it every time. So basically, how do I change a teams playbook so in like sim games or when I play they run the desired playbook I chose.
all you have to do is change it in your madden profile from 'team specific' to whatever playbook you want for offense and defense.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

Does that change my 'Favorite Playbook' or the teams one that they will use.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
Does that change my 'Favorite Playbook' or the teams one that they will use.
that basically means that you'll be using that playbook unless you change it at the pre-game setup. regardless of the team you choose.

which brings up a point about profiles, preferred playbooks, and audibles. I wish you could change the default audibles for every playbook you choose, not just the current one you had. And the audible setup screens need to be MUCH improved. They were downright painful in '09.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
MVP

Okay, that's not really what I asked for, sorry.
How would I change, for instance, the Dolphins to a 3-4, regardless whether I play as them or not?

With that being said, does any one know the playbook for every team, offense and defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
MVP

Okay, so I looked it up, and the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins with the incorrect defensive formations. The Cardinals should run a 4-3 (their default is a 3-4) and the Dolphins should run a 3-4 (their default is a 4-3).

I am asking is how do I change their playbooks only, not my favorite ones, regardless whether I play as them or not?

Example: I am playing as the Redskins against the Dolphins. How do I make it so I don't have to change the Dolphins playbook anytime I want to play them. And also, in franchise mode I want them to be correct all the time, not just when I play them.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
that basically means that you'll be using that playbook unless you change it at the pre-game setup. regardless of the team you choose.

which brings up a point about profiles, preferred playbooks, and audibles. I wish you could change the default audibles for every playbook you choose, not just the current one you had. And the audible setup screens need to be MUCH improved. They were downright painful in '09.
Yea they were you couldn't even see the formation u was chosing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »