Home

superstar mode is a waste of space

This is a discussion on superstar mode is a waste of space within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: superstar mode is a waste of space

Waste of space?.. do you even know how much this portion of the game takes up on the disc? Second, I doubt the lack of presentation and other features has anything to do with disc restrictions.

Last edited by maddenps2; 05-20-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 AM   #42
All Star

OVR: 33

Online Mode is a waste of space.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
this was just my opinion of course. im sure some people like it but i just dont see what so special in creating a player(most times it yourself) and the camera is only focus on him just to make him a great player. i could try for the real nfl if i want to do that.

im gone start another thread that go deeper cause i dont see what so special about franchise also so be on the look out
You can also go get a gm position if you wanna run a franchise..see how that works both ways?

There is actually alot of people who would enjoy living the life of an nfl superstar..the mode just hasnt become would it could be yet.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #44
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Waste of space?.. do you even know how much this portion of the game takes up on the disc? Second, I doubt the lack of presentation and other features has anything to do with disc restrictions.
EXACTLY!

I wish everyone would wrap their heads around this and shut up about it taking up too much room. We don't even know the amount of space things take up. So quit assuming you do.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #45
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

People just need to understand that some including myself do not like controlling every player. As soon as you take over a player, IMO, you negate that players ratings etc. Not all but some. So why draft an intelligent RB or QB and then bypass his ratings by controlling him? So when I do play franchise I only control 1 player on O and D period. (The QB and usually the SS). Now with this year I beleive they said the auto throw is back so now at least I have an option in franchise mode to be a RB or WR only on O.
Now with that said, I know how many like doing that and that's fine but you don't see people who don't like doing that posting thread after thread after thread about getting rid of it.
Not all gamers are the same and want the same things and just because you may not like something doesn't mean it should be scrapped.
Just my .02 that we shouldn't try and wrap Madden or any game for that matter into one main mode. More options = better all around game imo.

Maybe to make everyone happy, and it would suit me also because I'm not about the whole get good stats and become a superstar, is to allow a true player lock (Someone did mention that earlier) on O and D during franchise mode. The only thing missing would be the fear of getting traded etc.. which I want in the experience also. Hence why SS mode should just be upgraded and given the proper care.

All I'm looking for is the ability to play as 1 player the whole game and worry about what "I" am supposed to be doing. I simply don't want to control everyone.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-20-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #46
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

To me, online is a waste of space. I can never enjoy the game with outlandish lag or people who use the same exploit over and over. On the other hand, I enjoy superstar mode even though it does need a lot of love. To each their own.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #47
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
To me, online is a waste of space. I can never enjoy the game with outlandish lag or people who use the same exploit over and over. On the other hand, I enjoy superstar mode even though it does need a lot of love. To each their own.
I also hate the online as it is. However if EA says Online Dynasty is in I'll soil myself.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
online is just not been worked on these past years. lag is nothing any company can delete from online play but they can control exploits but they just fail to work on they gameplay hard enough in the dev cycle and try to fix it up with these patches after it goes gold

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »