Home

My view on how sports games should be

This is a discussion on My view on how sports games should be within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
My view on how sports games should be

i started a thread about superstar mode being a waste of space so this is an expansion of that and go deeper cause not do i feel that superstar mode is a waste but i also feel franchise mode is a waste of space(PLEASE DONT SHOOT!!!!)

here's why? (this is my opinion so feel free to express your like or dislike)

SUPERSTAR MODE:
i just dont see the point of creating a rookie which most of the time is yourself u create, build him up, and have the camera only focus on how u perform. i mean will u be inducted into the madden hall of fame(or the real one)? i think not so if i wanted to be a superstar and have the camera focus on me ill rather go try out for the NFL in real life

please u superstar freaks i want to give me your views on why is this mode important

FRANCHISE MODE:
i just dont see the point of making stats, gathering and negotiating contracts, and making draft picks and whatever stuff that goes on in franchise(i dont play it by the way so i dont know the full extent of the feature) when u go to the next years game and do its franchise mode. you do five season of madden 09 franchise then hop right on to madden 10 franchise, so what was the point of doing five season worth from 09?

u franchise freaks please express your views

SPORTS GAME SHOULD HAVE THE MOST SIMPLE MODES:

Exhibition Mode(play now):
this mode is where u play quick game against both the computer and human. pick up and play type

Season/Playoffs mode:
this mode emulate the actual schedule of the real NFL schedule teams went but the option to random generate schedule to create longevity and fun. also choose different formats of the schedule(play 12 games, best out 3 for the playoffs, sudden death off...u know what I'm getting at)

Online mode: ENOUGH SAID

Practice mode: ENOUGH SAID

Adjustments mode
this mode is the ability to expand or limit and create difficulty within the actual gameplay. this may include sliders, presentation changes, different difficulty modes, etc.......... u know what i mean

and last but not least CREATIVITY MODE
this mode involving using a consumers imagination or creating a true simulation with terms of editing. this includes create a player, create a team, FULL customization, animation changes, animation creation....u know what i mean.

i feel that all that sports game should need because they come out every year so u should only need these essentials things. the space should be use to make the feel like u are watching a real NFL game. from the crowd to the sidelines, to the red socks on Larry to the commentary in the booth. the difference should be at 90% from real life and the video game world.

thats my view so if u dont agree express why, if u agree express why
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
Banned

Re: My view on how sports games should be

oh then goes for basketball games as well so replace the NFL talks with NBA words
Old 05-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 18

You want "create-a-team", but you do not want a franchise mode?

Who wouldn't like to play a full season with your created team to see how they fare against the rest of the league??
Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I think you're on the wrong forum.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
Banned

Red face Re: My view on how sports games should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
You want "create-a-team", but you do not want a franchise mode?

Who wouldn't like to play a full season with your created team to see how they fare against the rest of the league??
well yeah that what season mode is for. u create a team and hopefully that it gives some type of restiction so u not out there with only superstar on your teams but using actual NFL players and take them into season mode with the option to random generate a schedule and BAM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHova1982
FRANCHISE MODE:
i just dont see the point of making stats, gathering and negotiating contracts, and making draft picks and whatever stuff that goes on in franchise(i dont play it by the way so i dont know the full extent of the feature) when u go to the next years game and do its franchise mode. you do five season of madden 09 franchise then hop right on to madden 10 franchise, so what was the point of doing five season worth from 09?

u franchise freaks please express your views
So, something you admittedly don't play,and don't know the "full extent of" should be eliminated? nice logic.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
So, something you admittedly don't play,and don't know the "full extent of" should be eliminated? nice logic.
i may not play it but i do know what goes on in cause i have tried it out before but i didnt go deep into franchise mode cause i didnt see the point of moving forward.

instead of trying to bash how about u express your counter and answer the question. why start a long franchise in 09 when u go to next years game(madden 10) and play its franchise mode? i dont see the logic in that
Old 05-20-2009, 02:43 AM   #8
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I think you're on the wrong forum.
+1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »