Home

madden playbook

This is a discussion on madden playbook within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
madden playbook

what are your thoughts on the madden playbook? Do you think they should be revamped? I personally have mixed thoughts because even though I enjoy the plays currently there, but i have been seeing the same plays over and over. It's starting to get annoying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: madden playbook

There is more team specificity this year. It might not be as much as people would like (quantity), but there is a great deal of team specificity.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

great to hear. It was hard to differentiate most of the playbooks. They were all so similar. But I don't care about quantity but more about the quality of the plays.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

while I like where they're headed with the offensive pb's (maybe not in quantity of team-specific plays yet, but i like the direction) defensive playbooks need an overhaul. most pb's on D are about 95% the same. I always end up using the 46 pb anyway, but there's not much in the Eagles pb that would cause me to say, oooh, I can't do that with the basic 46 pb. or oooh, this looks exactly like when jim johnson sent that blitz to get Eli or Romo..

The D needs some love.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by djKianoosh
while I like where they're headed with the offensive pb's (maybe not in quantity of team-specific plays yet, but i like the direction) defensive playbooks need an overhaul. most pb's on D are about 95% the same. I always end up using the 46 pb anyway, but there's not much in the Eagles pb that would cause me to say, oooh, I can't do that with the basic 46 pb. or oooh, this looks exactly like when jim johnson sent that blitz to get Eli or Romo..

The D needs some love.
There should be some notable differences this year. Again, not saying it will be as much as people might want, but it will be notable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

what have we heard as far as reverses go? will they be in this years madden.?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #7
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
There is more team specificity this year. It might not be as much as people would like (quantity), but there is a great deal of team specificity.
Playbooks were the same for Madden 06-08, but were a little different in Madden 09. Hopefully they're much better this year.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Playbooks were the same for Madden 06-08, but were a little different in Madden 09. Hopefully they're much better this year.
They are. But people need to tender expectations. There is going to be some overlap, but there are alot more team specific formations/plays this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »