Home

Holiday games in madden

This is a discussion on Holiday games in madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Lightbulb Holiday games in madden

I just wanted to bring this up out of the blue. But like most of us we look forward to the holidays every year like thanksgiving and christmas. We all know the NFL games are always help near Christmas and NFL has games on Thanksgiving aswell. Wouldn't be nice to Ian add stuff the game that held on the holidays. Give us the sense of the feelings in the games. I mean if my team was surpossed to play on Thanksgiving. Then I would want to aleast hear the announcer say " Welcome to this Thanksgiving Day NFL special football Game" Then maybe have some banners up saying Happy thanksgiving and see some of fans have turky hats on are somthing like see in the real nfl on the holidays. You get my point. Ian says what you see on sunday you will see in the game. Well when it gets around the holidays I want to see more stuff in the staduim to show what holiday it is. Wheather it is Thanksgiving are christmas. Like we would see on TV in the real nfl. I love watching NFl games during Thanksgiving and Christmas time. Thats what I want to see in madden. I ain't asking for alot. Just to make it fell more real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Holiday games in madden

like the idea.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

What about ppl celebrating Hanukkah? As well I heard there moving a game a bit earlier for some religious holliday
Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Hopefully they do. I believe 2k5 had Holiday and Sunday Night/MNF acknowledgment.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
What about ppl celebrating Hanukkah? As well I heard there moving a game a bit earlier for some religious holliday
I am talking about games that already fall on the holidays already. I have never ever saw any people at a nfl game wear Hanukkah items. But I have seen where like during the month of Decemeber people would be where all kinds of christma hats and santa suits to the NFL games are during when thanksgiving games come around people would be wearing turky suits and other crazy things. Plus I would like to here the announces say things Holiday related like do in the NFL games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

They had this on the last gen versions of the game. The game would read the system date/clock and would base commentary off of it. So if the date was set to November 25th, Al Micheals would say, "We hope you have a good Thanksgiving" before the game would start.

But yeah, it would be cool if they brought it back.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
They had this on the last gen versions of the game. The game would read the system date/clock and would base commentary off of it. So if the date was set to November 25th, Al Micheals would say, "We hope you have a good Thanksgiving" before the game would start.

YEah I remember that, but I think he is saying like when you play a frachise and your game is on christmas you should have the aknowledgement everytime and see people in the stands with santa hats on etc and not have to change the date on your system.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90

Yea the good ol days

Cincy still open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »