Home

Offical thread: Repetative Topics

This is a discussion on Offical thread: Repetative Topics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Offical thread: Repetative Topics

Aside from Madden and Football, I like to visit other forums for other hobbies of mine, one of my more favorite is Magic: The Gathering and I find that M:tG forums have threads on common topics that are stickied and would look like this [if done here]

Official thread: Superstar Mode
Official thread: Announcers for Madden NFL
Official thread: Uniform issues and corrections
etc.

Whiel I agree the Mods do a fine job in here I find it annoying how many new repetative threads are started here and instead of moved to an official thread or locked nad turned towards an official thread, they are often just told "already discused, do a search or go over a few pages, etc."

Is it too hard to sticky a few popular topics and mash them together. There are really good ideas and discussions in some of these threads that get locked. I think how mcuh better it would look if it were just moved over when some new person starts a thread like this. Also, like on the other forums I visit, having these common and repetative threds moved to a sticky prevent a large amount of new threads being created. When someone doesn't see a Superstar thread in a while on the first page or two they feel that it's time one was made, when to us regulars we have done this topic to death.

Is it not funny that almost all the Superstar threads are all the exact same too? "It is dumb and takes up space and should go away." Would it not be better to have an official thread people can go to instead of re-hashing the old arguments over and over again?

I hope the Mods read this idea and take it strongly into concideration.

Also, I really liked the "Things too small to warrent an entire thread." or what ever it is called, that is really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Offical thread: Repetative Topics

You can make all the official threads you want but that won't stop the idiots from wandering in, not pay any attention to the existing threads and then just decide to make their own because they have a strangely large sense of importance and entitlement.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well having to many of the same threads is getting annoying sometime. But one top gets pushed over 5 are 6 pages over you don't think people want to go do all that searching for one little thread. so thats why they make another one like it because thother one is no where to be seen. It can getting annoying sometime. Bt it is something you and I have to deal with sometime.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimSham
You can make all the official threads you want but that won't stop the idiots from wandering in, not pay any attention to the existing threads and then just decide to make their own because they have a strangely large sense of importance and entitlement.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

I agree, Gaither. It'd be much more enjoyable for me to scan through consolidated discussions instead of filing through repetitive threads.

You know, we don't necessarily need mods to do this... we ourselves can be trendsetters and follow our own rules.

If we start doing this on our own I will definitely follow suit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

Who cares?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Whiel I agree the Mods do a fine job in here
Old 05-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Who cares?
This.

Who are we to say what People can post or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »