Home

QB Auto Throw ?

This is a discussion on QB Auto Throw ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #41
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: QB Auto Throw ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I'm sure this will not be in the game.

let's see, in this post (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...eviews;title;1)
they said:

"The goal, it seems, is to prevent players from automatically dropping straight back and bombing the ball. To do that, the game takes control of the first few steps of your quarterback's dropback, which felt disconcerting at first, especially under heavy pressure. Nonetheless, with some patience, the pocket does eventually form around your QB; however, since a real pocket is a new concept in Madden, it's easy to panic in the pocket as your offensive linemen push coverage out to the sides. Still, even when the defensive players come at you, you'll have options as QB, including attempting to shed tackles by flicking left or right on the right analog stick. You can even throw the ball in mid-tackle; just don't be surprised if the ball leaves your hands like a dead duck. "

and LB ( http://www.operationsports.com/LBzru...age=3#comments) said:
"Now I’ll go ahead and say this up front so I can get this out of the way. I didn’t have a problem with it, but you were locked in for drop back passes and could not control the QB until he finished his drop. This will most likely be changed. You will be able to control the QB after his third drop step. I really did not have a problem with this at all though. I know it will piss off a number of the tourney guys as well as other style players. However, it is really not as bad as it sounds"

so it sounds like it will be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #42
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
let's see, in this post (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...eviews;title;1)
they said:

"The goal, it seems, is to prevent players from automatically dropping straight back and bombing the ball. To do that, the game takes control of the first few steps of your quarterback's dropback, which felt disconcerting at first, especially under heavy pressure. Nonetheless, with some patience, the pocket does eventually form around your QB; however, since a real pocket is a new concept in Madden, it's easy to panic in the pocket as your offensive linemen push coverage out to the sides. Still, even when the defensive players come at you, you'll have options as QB, including attempting to shed tackles by flicking left or right on the right analog stick. You can even throw the ball in mid-tackle; just don't be surprised if the ball leaves your hands like a dead duck. "

and LB ( http://www.operationsports.com/LBzru...age=3#comments) said:
"Now I’ll go ahead and say this up front so I can get this out of the way. I didn’t have a problem with it, but you were locked in for drop back passes and could not control the QB until he finished his drop. This will most likely be changed. You will be able to control the QB after his third drop step. I really did not have a problem with this at all though. I know it will piss off a number of the tourney guys as well as other style players. However, it is really not as bad as it sounds"

so it sounds like it will be in the game.
Read the bold in LBzrule's quote. Gamespot along with the Community Day guys played older builds of the game. I'm sure a lot of stuff was changed since then. If I am correct, I remember Ian Cummings saying that will definitely not be in the game because he want to give the user more control.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #43
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Pantherbeast is wrong, you won't be forced to drop back automatically when the game is released.
For the first three steps, yes, you will.

The build I played forced the whole dropback, which I favor. As an ex QB myself, it's not normal to break out of your predetermined drop. In fact, it's very difficult too... you lean into the drop, and it's the hitch step at the end that breaks your momentum. That's why some QBs over the years (currently Shawn Hill) use the straight back drop. On top of giving a better view of the field, it's also easier to change what you're doing out of if the pressure comes quickly.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #44
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: B

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

The build I played forced the whole dropback, which I favor. As an ex QB myself, it's not normal to break out of your predetermined drop. In fact, it's very difficult too... you lean into the drop, and it's the hitch step at the end that breaks your momentum. That's why some QBs over the years (currently Shawn Hill) use the straight back drop. On top of giving a better view of the field, it's also easier to change what you're doing out of if the pressure comes quickly.
i favor this as well,but given the glitchers' pechant for finding glitches and exploits,i hope this is something a nano blitz can't exploit or a glitch like the 3dline glitch of 08 can hamper.

I like the idea because the number one cheese tactic of choice is running away with the qb or sprinting back 30 yards to throw.I feel like this would make that less seen.If the new Pro Tak pocket shines like it should,then u should get comfortable with it after getting used to it.I just hope its not something exploitable,maybe even an offline option to turn off/on. but for the online ranked game make it legit.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #45
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: B

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

I also favor this, but I still think that this should be your choice. This could be an option. If you want to be locked into a 3-step drop back then you can, but if you don't, you can turn it off. I think that it should be turned off by default. More options to the user is something that I'm always in favor of. Although this may not happen because of the realistic pocket that Madden is supposed to have this year, I still think that this should be changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Let's see....
auto throw
auto QB drop back
auto catch
auto defense oops I mean Defensive assist
auto playcall.. ask madden
auto tackle
auto kick
anything else ???
auto pass rush move

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »