Home

Was Michael Vick in Madden NFL 09 all along?

This is a discussion on Was Michael Vick in Madden NFL 09 all along? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Was Michael Vick in Madden NFL 09 all along?

I decided to get Vick's Madden 08 stats and make him in Madden 09. I put in all the correct D.O.B and stuff like that, as well as the skin tone etc.

Since making him, it's led me to think that EA actually had prepared for him being in the game, and there are a few things that have led me to think this:

1. His Snap Voice:
- The guy I created (Vick) has Vick's REAL snap voice, the one recorded for Madden 06/07/08. He also uses the full range of audibles, such as "blue 74", "check slide", "riverside", and "check key."

2. Play-by-Play announcement:
- Hammond often says things like "Vick is lined up under center, has three receivers split", or "Vick is in the shotgun." The post play announcer also says 'Vick', for example, "Vick, completes the pass. Gain of eight."

3. Analysis:
- This is the key one. I've heard it happen ONCE and not yet again since, I've been trying all evening. I scored on a 25 yard scramble with Mike earlier today, and Collinsworth broke into one of his "moments" where he describes something about a certain player. I didn't hear it fully cause I wasn't paying attention, and not expecting him to say it. He mentioned Vick's love for running out the pocket, how deadly he is with the ball in his hands, and also how he has his critics in the passing game.

It all points to signs that they were perhaps ready to put Vick in the game, just in case? Either way, it's incredibly fun, and you guys should give it a try!

Thoughts, guys?
And please, this is solely about the virtual Michael Vick, so play nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Was Michael Vick in Madden NFL 09 all along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I decided to get Vick's Madden 08 stats and make him in Madden 09. I put in all the correct D.O.B and stuff like that, as well as the skin tone etc.

Since making him, it's led me to think that EA actually had prepared for him being in the game, and there are a few things that have led me to think this:

1. His Snap Voice:
- The guy I created (Vick) has Vick's REAL snap voice, the one recorded for Madden 06/07/08. He also uses the full range of audibles, such as "blue 74", "check slide", "riverside", and "check key."

- Hammond often says things like "Vick is lined up under center, has three receivers split", or "Vick is in the shotgun." The post play announcer also says 'Vick', for example, "Vick, completes the pass. Gain of eight."

3. Analysis:
- This is the key one. I've heard it happen ONCE and not yet again since, I've been trying all evening. I scored on a 25 yard scramble with Mike earlier today, and Collinsworth broke into one of his "moments" where he describes something about a certain player. I didn't hear it fully cause I wasn't paying attention, and not expecting him to say it. He mentioned Vick's love for running out the pocket, how deadly he is with the ball in his hands, and also how he has his critics in the passing game.

It all points to signs that they were perhaps ready to put Vick in the game, just in case? Either way, it's incredibly fun, and you guys should give it a try!

Thoughts, guys?
I have no idea what you experienced with Michael Vick's name in Madden 09. I'm not sure if he will be in Madden 10.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

1. His Snap Voice:

3. Analysis:

Thoughts, guys?
think u might be reading a bit to much into that i mean they say alot of last names u create and also u can make a 5 yard run with peyton manning and they will talk about how great of a runner he is lol so that doesnt mean anything
Old 05-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Its not hard to believe. Vick I'm sure was one of the names Hammond did work for. The Collinsworth bit I dont know. I mean I guess they could have. But who knows.

And I'm sure they didn't remove Vick's cadence voicework from the game.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
think u might be reading a bit to much into that i mean they say alot of last names u create and also u can make a 5 yard run with peyton manning and they will talk about how great of a runner he is lol so that doesnt mean anything
yea..they make that running comment for anybody lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Pretty sure they Collinsworth doesn't say "Michael Vick" about everyone else...
Old 05-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Hammond is amazing, I hope EA locked up his rights for the next 10 years. I don't want 2ksports stealing him.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

1. His Snap Voice:

3. Analysis:

Thoughts, guys?

thats pretty bad @$$ that that happend

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »