Home

Injury & Retirement Ideas

This is a discussion on Injury & Retirement Ideas within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Injury & Retirement Ideas

1) Players retire early

- Remember Robert Smith? I want to see a stud player just up and retire before he's 30.

2) Player suspension

- It's all the rage now and that's probably why it'll never happen in a licensed NFL game (don't wont to hurt their "image"). You have a troubled player, but he's also a pro bowl player. During the middle of a week he pulls a Pacman and now he's suspended.

3) Injuries have a real impact

- I know they said they revamped injuries, but I want to see stuff like what happened to Culpepper. You go from being a top 5 player to a backup due to injury.

4) Draft Busts (not injury or retirement, but whatever)

- Where are the Ryan Leaf's and Akili Smith's? You finish last in the league and you think the #1 QB will turn your team around. Turns out that he sucks like no other.

5) Career Ending Injury

- I remember this being in last-gen Madden, but not sure if I ever saw it for this gen. I know there's season ending, but what about career ending?

6) Player Death

- Yeah, distasteful, but it happens. If you play all 30 season of a franchise, it's bound to happen at least once. There has been a few just over the past decade. Again, this will never make it into a NFL licensed game for obvious reasons, but it would be realistic.

7) Freak accidents

- This seems to happen more in baseball, but every now-and-then something happens to a player at his home that is just a freak accident and gets him put out for half the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Injury & Retirement Ideas

The NFL would never allow most of those, although i know NFL2K5 had career ending injury's, also sometimes players would just be sick with the flu.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Number 6 will never happen.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

NO. Except for draft busts which are going to happen..it would be a headache to lose your player...and I am sure the players wouldn't be happy getting suspended in the game making them seem immature like by drunk driving or just being killed. The thing that would ALMOST sound good would be a career ending injury but that would be damned annoying too and I am sure they couldn't get the amount of players that should happen to..I bet it would be like once a year...
Old 05-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster

2) Player suspension

- It's all the rage now and that's probably why it'll never happen in a licensed NFL game (don't wont to hurt their "image"). You have a troubled player, but he's also a pro bowl player. During the middle of a week he pulls a Pacman and now he's suspended.

6) Player Death

- Yeah, distasteful, but it happens. If you play all 30 season of a franchise, it's bound to happen at least once. There has been a few just over the past decade. Again, this will never make it into a NFL licensed game for obvious reasons, but it would be realistic.

7) Freak accidents

- This seems to happen more in baseball, but every now-and-then something happens to a player at his home that is just a freak accident and gets him put out for half the season.

Those will never be put in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 03:00 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrormaster
1) Players retire early

- Remember Robert Smith? I want to see a stud player just up and retire before he's 30.

2) Player suspension

3) Injuries have a real impact

- I know they said they revamped injuries, but I want to see stuff like what happened to Culpepper. You go from being a top 5 player to a backup due to injury.

4) Draft Busts (not injury or retirement, but whatever)

- Where are the Ryan Leaf's and Akili Smith's? You finish last in the league and you think the #1 QB will turn your team around. Turns out that he sucks like no other.

5) Career Ending Injury

- I remember this being in last-gen Madden, but not sure if I ever saw it for this gen. I know there's season ending, but what about career ending?

6) Player Death

7) Freak accidents

what is wrong with you? thats so messed up
Old 05-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArtofWar
NO. Except for draft busts which are going to happen..it would be a headache to lose your player...and I am sure the players wouldn't be happy getting suspended in the game making them seem immature like by drunk driving or just being killed. The thing that would ALMOST sound good would be a career ending injury but that would be damned annoying too and I am sure they couldn't get the amount of players that should happen to..I bet it would be like once a year...
hahahahaha. for real.
players dying in madden. ha! there's simulation, sure, but that is just to far. the d.williams tragedy, ST getting killed- man that's tear jerking stuff. no gamer or game designer wants to see that in a game. you can't be serious with that.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:48 AM   #8
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

well... if its in the game, its in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »