Home

I GOT A GREAT NEW IDEA!!!

This is a discussion on I GOT A GREAT NEW IDEA!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I GOT A GREAT NEW IDEA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc

EA wishes Head Coach was sold for $60. I have seen it at prices from $10-$30. Its price tanked after release. I think it was sometime around thanksgiving that it pretty much went the way of the dodo.
So your saying for people who want to experience head coach mode online have to wait for the inevitable price drop on head coach 10?

Even if it's for 10-30 dollars, don't you think that's a little silly if all i want to do is be able to play games online using the head coach mode?

OH BTW- and i use head coach mode in reference to LAST GEN head coach mode... NOT the game.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by noransechie
So your saying for people who want to experience head coach mode online have to wait for the inevitable price drop on head coach 10?

Even if it's for 10-30 dollars, don't you think that's a little silly if all i want to do is be able to play games online using the head coach mode?

OH BTW- and i use head coach mode in reference to LAST GEN head coach mode... NOT the game.
I dont really know many people who want to experience HC online. Honestly, the last time I tried to get a game online it didnt happen because no one was wanting to play. I doubt there will be a HC in the future and it really is a shame. I would love to see a HC 10-11 with the M10 game engine. If they do make another one...It will be years from now and if Josh and company stay with Madden then I doubt I would even want to touch the new HC.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Wow. where to start.

first off, no one would ever 'force' these cheezers to strictly playing that mode. Only to those who do want to play that mode online.

second, i played head coach 09. i owned head coach 09. it is a good game, however, it was lacking in graphics compared to 09 and it seemed like it's going to be a trend ( new head coach running on madden 09 engine and 09 graphics instead ). I, do NOT want to buy head coach 10 JUST for this mode. it's silly, since all the deep behind the scene general manager style of sim gaming is not my forte.

lastly, I would only buy head coach 09 again if they just updated the rosters online for me for this upcoming season, if not then no. It's pointless to buy that game now. Also, I refuse to buy another 60 dollar game in Head Coach 10 unless they lower the price to maybe 30 dollars retail price opening day, and that's not going to happen.

P.S.

I only owned head coach 09 because of the anniversary collection, if they made profit from that package, then 30 dollars for head coach sounds about fair.
Well bro if you would go to gamestop.com. You will find that HC09 is around 20 bucks used and 25 bucks new. I didn't say HC 09 was great. But it was good. The only thing tht I really din't like about HC 09 that is was so time consuming with offseason stuff. No one really has that kind of time to spend on a game like that unless you have no job are you a kid who misses school alot. LOL but HC 09 was a decent game. But I am hoping some aspects of HC 09 makes it into franchise mode for madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
I dont really know many people who want to experience HC online. Honestly, the last time I tried to get a game online it didnt happen because no one was wanting to play. I doubt there will be a HC in the future and it really is a shame. I would love to see a HC 10-11 with the M10 game engine. If they do make another one...It will be years from now and if Josh and company stay with Madden then I doubt I would even want to touch the new HC.
Are you even reading what i wrote?

I'm agreeing with you dude, it was hard to get a game online in that game because not that many people bought it in the first place.

The game tanked to madden standards. As it should've.

great game. yes. but that core mode of tecmo bowl style gameplay should be in madden.

And if it's in madden, they should make it go online as well so people like you and me, and you'd be surprised, many others would experience the basic premise of what head coach was in essence, just another mode rather than a new game.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well bro if you would go to gamestop.com. You will find that HC09 is around 20 bucks used and 25 bucks new. I didn't say HC 09 was great. But it was good. The only thing tht I really din't like about HC 09 that is was so time consuming with offseason stuff. No one really has that kind of time to spend on a game like that unless you have no job are you a kid who misses school alot. LOL but HC 09 was a decent game. But I am hoping some aspects of HC 09 makes it into franchise mode for madden 10.
exactly bro. too time consuming. too complicated. but the essence of playing someone in a coach mode online was the ONLY thing i was interested in. They knew that. We know that. So why is it so demanding to see a coach mode online in Madden 10? When they clearly saw that demand, and decided to make a whole new ip rather than just include this highly touted feature onto madden itself without all the fluff?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:05 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Are you even reading what i wrote?

I'm agreeing with you dude, it was hard to get a game online in that game because not that many people bought it in the first place.

The game tanked to madden standards. As it should've.

great game. yes. but that core mode of tecmo bowl style gameplay should be in madden.

And if it's in madden, they should make it go online as well so people like you and me, and you'd be surprised, many others would experience the basic premise of what head coach was in essence, just another mode rather than a new game.
I think I took you as saying you wanted a coach mode like head coach in madden. I then was meaning that head coach style gameplay is a very small population of the football nation. That currently, if you tried to get an online match you wont get one in HC because it is not a popular thing to do and not many people bought the game.

Maybe its because the gameplay was horrible with base sliders but HC doesnt appeal to many for online games.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
I think I took you as saying you wanted a coach mode like head coach in madden. I then was meaning that head coach style gameplay is a very small population of the football nation. That currently, if you tried to get an online match you wont get one in HC because it is not a popular thing to do and not many people bought the game.

Maybe its because the gameplay was horrible with base sliders but HC doesnt appeal to many for online games.
dude, i just want the option.

rather than forcing me to buy a whole nother game, feel me?

Besides- i along with my friend i talked about in my original post, the dude that replied first... along with many others, not including the MANY who aren't hardcore maddenites like you and me, who've stayed clear of madden due to its increasing log of complex control schemes, who know the game of football, yet don't want to commit 2 months learning the nuances of 'playing' it beg to differ.

besides, it's not like your losing anything in request of what I'm asking for. everything will be the same. You'll still have the regular friendly way, now franchise way, and possibly the coach way.... point is, you have choices now. and the most beautiful part about all this is.... they could all be online ready.

something to think about.

Last edited by noransechie; 05-24-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 07:25 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
dude, i just want the option.

rather than forcing me to buy a whole nother game, feel me?

Besides- i along with my friend i talked about in my original post, the dude that replied first... along with many others, not including the MANY who aren't hardcore maddenites like you and me, who've stayed clear of madden due to its increasing log of complex control schemes, who know the game of football, yet don't want to commit 2 months learning the nuances of 'playing' it beg to differ.

besides, it's not like your losing anything in request of what I'm asking for. everything will be the same. You'll still have online the regular way, franchise way, coach mode.... all online. you have choices now, and the most beautiful part about it is.... they could all be online ready.

something to think about.
Your right. There should be some kind option for the less talented players. They also shouldnt have to buy another game to be able to play that way. I didnt mean to come across as someone who thought it was a bad idea. I was just saying that it wont be used that often. Sorry my bad.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 05-24-2009 at 07:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »