Home

I have a confession regarding madden09

This is a discussion on I have a confession regarding madden09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: I have a confession regarding madden09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
Because of reading these forums for the first few days after Madden 09's release I came to the conclusion that Madden 09 was a waste of my money and I gave up on attempting to buy it. OS you saved me 60 bucks and possibly 80 (buying the toilet literature guide).

I thank you OS for saving me this money. Though now you have driven me to want to buy Madden10

In the great words of Steven Colbert : DAMN YOU OPERATION SPORTS *shakes fist angily... while smiling*
Well bro there is hugh difference between madden 09 and madden 10 . Plain and simple. Ian and his crew interacted with us this year means they are giving us what we want. The game is coming a long great. So don't fear Ian is here.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

wtf is the point of posting this in May? Like seriously bro your about 9 months late to be relevant. If you really need to "start a thread", do some better planning and try to have a reason.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
^^^^^^^^^^I honestly dont know how you can say this. That game was pure and utter garbage just like the ones before it on next gen.
whoa!!! How can you say this? Is it better than 08? Hell yeah. As much as I gripe about the game, I would never call it garbage. 06 -08 on next gen - yes, 09 - no. It's pretty decent. I know it's not 100% sim, but no game is.....and no game will be. If you're betting on that for 10 then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. 09 is actually the first version on next gen that I actually play every so often. Is it a sub par game of football? yes. Is it garbage? naw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
^^^^^^^^^^I honestly dont know how you can say this. That game was pure and utter garbage just like the ones before it on next gen.
The Madden 08 to Madden 09 leap was huge! Are you saying it wasn't? Are you telling me that Madden 09 wasn't fun or good to play at all?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #13
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
whoa!!! How can you say this? Is it better than 08? Hell yeah. As much as I gripe about the game, I would never call it garbage. 06 -08 on next gen - yes, 09 - no. It's pretty decent. I know it's not 100% sim, but no game is.....and no game will be. If you're betting on that for 10 then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. 09 is actually the first version on next gen that I actually play every so often. Is it a sub par game of football? yes. Is it garbage? naw.
I'm sure that whoady4shoady is not a Madden gamer and probably never was. He probably is still upset that EA Sports has the NFL exclusive license, and that there will be no more ESPN NFL 2k football games.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Because of reading these forums for the first few days after Madden 09's release I came to the conclusion that Madden 09 was a waste of my money and I gave up on attempting to buy it. OS you saved me 60 bucks and possibly 80 (buying the toilet literature guide).

I thank you OS for saving me this money. Though now you have driven me to want to buy Madden10

In the great words of Steven Colbert : DAMN YOU OPERATION SPORTS *shakes fist angily... while smiling*
Forums always make things sound amazing and then when they come out they make them sound like the worst thing ever.
This happens all the time. The point of my story is YOU have to try the game yourself and form YOUR OWN opinion of it. I am surprised at how many people just follow what other people say or base the decisions on garbage reviews by magazines that can not even get their facts straight. People need to learn to form their own opinion. You will not know if you like a game until YOU try it out.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Forums always make things sound amazing and then when they come out they make them sound like the worst thing ever.
This happens all the time. The point of my story is YOU have to try the game yourself and form YOUR OWN opinion of it. I am surprised at how many people just follow what other people say or base the decisions on garbage reviews by magazines that can not even get their facts straight. People need to learn to form their own opinion. You will not know if you like a game until YOU try it out.
Line play is horrible.

Line play is huge to me and the lack there of was easy to see from others opinions. The other issue was franchise and since that is also bad.... why should I buy it?

I did not see a few movies because of reviews... example I love all the hannibal movies.... but Hannibal Rising was horrible and I did not believe the critics and went to watch it myself.... and it was a steaming pile of poo.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Line play is horrible.

Line play is huge to me and the lack there of was easy to see from others opinions. The other issue was franchise and since that is also bad.... why should I buy it?

I did not see a few movies because of reviews... example I love all the hannibal movies.... but Hannibal Rising was horrible and I did not believe the critics and went to watch it myself.... and it was a steaming pile of poo.
Well that is good that you actually looked for facts to base your opinion on. There are a lot of people out there that just follow what others say. Glad you are not one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »