Home

Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

This is a discussion on Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #9
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
EA/Tiburon has been dedicated EVERY year...So if its dedication that your looking for...I'd say right now and I'm sure Ian would co-sign that every Madden team he's seen or been on has been DEDICATED...FRom Strauser to Ortiz to Cummings...

Dedication has never been an issue with the Madden team..They work insanely hard and always have..Anyone who ever questioned their dedication is simply a ***** or a moron...or both. That would make them a HORON...LOL
They have been didicated its just when they moved to next gen they tryed to change madden to much and made some bone head moves in the process.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Thanks man!!! I may have bought a game that I'm excited to play if I hadn't listened to you.

I appreciate you looking out for me, but there's no need....I've got it covered and have for a while now.

And I'll be buying the game on release day.
at 18K posts I'd expect you to be emotionally secure with Madden and whatever the game plays like...But its the people who seem to think this game will be a 180 degree turn from the past 5 iterations that I worry about...When I say worry I mean those cats who will be on this forum crying bloody murder when this game does not live up to their expectations...They will swear Ian lied to them or the evil EA empire fooled them again
Old 05-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
They have been didicated its just when they moved to next gen they tryed to change madden to much and made some bone head moves in the process.
Thats a good point..Shouldn't next gen have been all about change???..Otherwise what was the point???...What bone head moves are you referring to because I'm not sure I could call anything bonehead other than removing the vision cone and/or not refining it in a manner to continue to have a realistic impact on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I actually liked the post. I think he's right. We need to stay even keel on this. How different are we from fanboys if we just get starry eyed and love everything?

I'm rooting for the new team myself. I hope they pull off something pretty cool. At the same time you can't discount past madden failures, and you need to be realistic. So therefore I agree in most parts with the OP.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Thanks man!!! I may have bought a game that I'm excited to play if I hadn't listened to you.

I appreciate you looking out for me, but there's no need....I've got it covered and have for a while now.

And I'll be buying the game on release day.
^^^^

Although, Presentation is key for me this year.

No Presentation. No broadcast view. No buy.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
at 18K posts I'd expect you to be emotionally secure with Madden and whatever the game plays like...But its the people who seem to think this game will be a 180 degree turn from the past 5 iterations that I worry about...When I say worry I mean those cats who will be on this forum crying bloody murder when this game does not live up to their expectations...They will swear Ian lied to them or the evil EA empire fooled them again
I'm a big 2k guy and I hope I'm not one of those kids screaming bloody murder Last year I couldn't even scream... I just had to turn on APF. I've heard a lot of promising things. We'll see if it turns in to REAL football strategy on the field.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #15
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

LOL you are a 20 year vet. Well bro Iam 20 year vet of madden to. I have enjoyed madden for 20 years. Through their bad years and good years. A true madden vet does not complain some much. I mean I have complain some. But for the most part I have stuck it out through thick and thin. I believe this will be the best madden I have ever seen in my 20 years of madden. I have seen madden grow over 20 years. And ever thing that grows have pain inlife. And madden have had some of those over the past few years. But the title is getting stronger year by year. I trust Ian and crew to give us their best. I don't care what haters say about Ian and work. anyonre that would spend 18 hours a day working with his crew and taking to interact with the fans to give them their wishes deserves all the praised in the world for a job well done. So those haters can say all they want. But like Ian put it sometime back. If these haters keep on all he will is put them on the iggy list and repost them. But for me I am glad Ian is here and all the work he is doing. Thank you so much Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Thats a good point..Shouldn't next gen have been all about change???..Otherwise what was the point???...What bone head moves are you referring to because I'm not sure I could call anything bonehead other than removing the vision cone and/or not refining it in a manner to continue to have a realistic impact on the game.

"twitch" gameplay. removing all presentation. half assed online leages, backtrack and rewind and madden IQ.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »