Home

Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

This is a discussion on Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #25
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Are we setting ourselves up for the Ole Madden Okeee Doke???

Just give me fun gameplay with a solid franchise mode and Im happy. I am not picky so I'm pretty sure i will enjoy madden this year. The fact that they are revamping the Presentation has me excited that this game will at least meet the standard set by other games.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Dat Swagg-I sure HOPE not......but I totally agree with your point of view.Here's my two cents:

(First off,thank god Ian Cummings is on the madden team.I am so happy Dave Ortiz is gone.)

Lately I have been seriously thinking that Madden reached its peak in '05...hands down the best Madden ever to me...but then remember there was another awesome game in '05 called 2k5. So I knew full well why Madden was great.It had COMPETITION. Some one else to push them to make a great game. Then EA gets the exclusive license and its been downhill every since. Then the hype machine kicked in...."LEAD BLOCKER CONTROL...PLAYER SPECIFIC RUNNING STYLES....NEW COMMENTARY TEAM......."....all the while,the gameplay,the modes we loved like franchise and to some superstar,were falling off. EA looked around and saw no one to challenge them,saw no one to push them,so they got fat and complacent. The excuse was a whole new game engine....
Yet here we are in YEAR 4 of next gen consoles and still things are missing that made the game great on a less powerful console.Its hard for us the consumer to understand why. So every year when august comes we use the same word...HOPE..."i hope we have colored cleats......i hope they fix this....i hope we have online franchise..i hope...i hope i hope...."
only to be left with the "next years gonna be the one" feeling. So here we are again,a year smarter.People are fed up. People will not buy the hype any more. People are still playing 2k5 and APF2k8.People are expecting the worst.
But EA did something smart;they went and put the people's champion in charge(no,not The Rock).They put Ian Cummings in charge.I believe in Ian. I feel like we finally have a dedicated team who listens and cares.When Ian said he wanted to make madden never be compared to 2k5 again,thats when I knew we had the right guy for the job.
So I have a sense of excitement,BUT i know not to trust and believe until i see results. So dat swagg has a point. Until Madden proves us wrong,until we get that decent game,we will not settle for the ole madden okee dokee.No more hype,no more promises,NO MORE "I HOPE"....just results!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #27
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I'm buying in...My chips are on the table with all the other BELIEVERS. Hell they gotta be because I love Madden and I need a great football game.

But I will say this with complete honesty...I won't be surprised if this game doesn't measure up...I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment for the 5th year in a row...I learned sometime after Madden 2007 that those dreams of a next gen game from EA that would make 2k5 look like garbage were ONLY DREAMS and the cold reality is Madden is the most c=successful EA game on the market that sells record copies year in and year out...To a certain extent it doesn't matter what they put in the box...We will buy it...WE may hate it but the other 3 trillion casual consumers who don't frequent forums like this will validate for EA that they are on top of their game.
We should be cautious and at OS, we're always cautious. That is the reason why we post here everyday voicing our complaints and concerns about Madden NFL, which led to the developers coming here in the first place. Madden 10 will not be perfect, but it could still be the best football game ever made and here's why. Our so called best football game ever made is ESPN NFL 2k5, a game released in 2004 for only $19.99 that is about 5 years old. If Madden could add, and surpass the presentation, gameplay, and other features that 2k5 had, Madden 10 could be the best football game ever made. There's still a lot of features that are yet to be announced at E3 or in the coming months. You stated that you've road the Madden roller coaster for years, and have been disappointed every time. What do you think about the Madden 08 to Madden 09 leap? In my honest opinion, that leap was huge! Ian Cummings and Phil Frazier worked on previous iterations of Madden, but this is Phil Frazier's first full year as Senior Producer of Madden NFL and this is Ian Cumming's first year as Lead Designer of Madden NFL. The NFL Head Coach 09 team is also now a part of the Madden team which could be a bonus as far as Franchise Mode and Ratings are concerned. With EA Sports's new product mantra for Madden 10 being "Fight For Every Yard", "Everything you see on Sundays, See it in Madden NFL", things are looking great this year, and all we can do is hope that this is not another disappointing year for football fans, but it's hard to think that we'll be disappointed again this year.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 05-24-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 39

its 60$...not really a major purchase.

I dont understand all the buy it/ don't buy it banter.

If you like video game football its a no brainer. Even if it sucks what your out 60$ bucks.

People spend more than 60 dollars worth of time debating weather or not its a worthy purchase.

My philososphy is... i like gum ohh a gumball machine yes please...yuch gum is old spit it out and move on with my day.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #29
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I been playing madden since '93 and I get totally excited for madden every single year.
I am a HUGE football fan. As long as franchise works I can find enjoyment in the game. The thing that hurts is that EA took steps backwards when they went next gen. They seemed more concerned with graphics than bringing back all the good features from the old gen.
Makes it a bit harder to enjoy a game when stuff that you got used to loving is missing.
Hopefully Madden 10 is the real deal.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #30
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
There is no chance this game will be as good as we hope. I just hope it is the first NG Madden game that doesn't make me sick after 5 mins.
It all depends on how good you hope Madden 10 is. Most of my concerns have already been addressed so I'm happy.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #31
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Just give me fun gameplay with a solid franchise mode and Im happy. I am not picky so I'm pretty sure i will enjoy madden this year. The fact that they are revamping the Presentation has me excited that this game will at least meet the standard set by other games.
fun yet realistic gameplay with a solid franchise mode and I also will be happy. Everything else is a bonus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #32
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
It all depends on how good you hope Madden 10 is. Most of my concerns have already been addressed so I'm happy.
Same here and plus don't forget they aren't done spilling all the new and improved features to us.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »