Home

No, I got a new idea...best online mode ever!

This is a discussion on No, I got a new idea...best online mode ever! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: No, I got a new idea...best online mode ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Could you elaborate more? Why couldn't we fill the skill positions with users and CPU blocking? I'm not sure I see the limitation you see... or the contradiction for that matter.
Quick, how many active roles/positions are there on one side of the ball in football ?

Now, with 11 human players controlling their own specific positions, how many positions are left for CPU controlled linemen to block ? let alone do anything..

Please, don't think too hard.

Consider this a wonderlic exam of being my new QB online so whenever this mode DOES make it out eventually, you won't be getting a call from me.

On another note, i can't wait till i cut someone from my team who isn't performing up to 'standard' mid-game with this mode. That be great.

Last edited by noransechie; 05-24-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I kind of get where you are coming from, but you really think 7 on 7 football would sell? How would the running game work? Wouldn't it basically just be skeleton drills?

To me if you are going all out and getting 7 on 7... why not go the extra mile and make it real football?
Ugh..no running game. Str8 pass skele.

EDIT: And yes, I honestly think that would sell. Again, there are many people out there who would love to play as a DT the entire game, or a LG, but there are also more people who want nothing to do with the line when they play. Instead of counting on CPU lineman, or having to wait 10 minutes to find people who would want to play linemen, wouldn't you rather just get your own team of 7 and play offense and defense in 7 on 7? I personally would love to find 11 people for each team and play some football. But you have to realize that you would need the right people at the right positions. They need to all play as sim as possible. For me, I could get my teammates from football and get a good game online against others. But not everyone has that. 7 on 7 is just easier I guess.

Last edited by IndyColts2; 05-24-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Good idea! I think that sounds like a lot of fun. You know what? I think it could translate over to 11 on 11, where you only have enough guys to control most skill positions, and that's it. You could have the CPU control OL and maybe DL or whatever defenders aren't chosen.
The contradiction comes from you wanting 11 vs 11 WITH CPU controlled linemen as opposed to 7 on 7. There wouldn't be any skill positions left for that, hence 7 on 7 would be the best bet with everyone interchanging positions as they see fit. You weren't mindblowingly wrong, you just worded things weirdly.

OR...

you meant keep it at 11 vs. 11 with a 7 man team minimum, where teams THEN would see and utilize CPU controlled linemen.

Last edited by noransechie; 05-24-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
I don't know about him, but I don't want to have to put my trust into computer players blocking for a QB I am not controlling (unless I am QB of course). But if your not the QB, then having to depend on the CPU lineman AND the user QB to get you the ball would be crazy.
ugh...

wait. so let me get this straight, you don't trust computer players blocking for you as a QB ? But rather you would replace linemen with human controlled players ?

Quick question, how many times do you get sacked online now seeing as how you wouldn't trust your O-line ?

complete opposite for me, human controlled players would drive me to not trust them as opposed to the way I've been playing now.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

The OP idea sounds great for some lame arcade game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #22
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by noransechie
ugh...

wait. so let me get this straight, you don't trust computer players blocking for you as a QB ? But rather you would replace linemen with human controlled players ?

Quick question, how many times do you get sacked online now seeing as how you wouldn't trust your O-line ?

complete opposite for me, human controlled players would drive me to not trust them as opposed to the way I've been playing now.
Good point, I guess I worded it wrong. I see what you are saying and I didn't even realize what I was saying. I guess 11 on 11 online play with 7 people on each team would be better. But still, incorporate the League things. Create your own team, and offensive and defensive player, tournaments, etc.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
The OP idea sounds great for some lame arcade game.
thanks for great thoughtful insight! WAKE UP, madden IS a game primarily the arcade type. a VIDEO game. nvm, just go back to sleep.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #24
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noransechie
thanks for great thoughtful insight! WAKE UP, madden IS a game primarily the arcade type. a VIDEO game. nvm, just go back to sleep.
you are in a forum. I was giving you my honest opinion. Sorry that I disagreed. That happens in forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »