Home

EA should release special headset for online co-op w/ perks..

This is a discussion on EA should release special headset for online co-op w/ perks.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: EA should release special headset for online co-op w/ perks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by noransechie
i would absolutely refuse to buy a headset W/ another separate head coach game ALONG w/ madden 11. ridiculous.

the point of the headset would be to offset whatever they be losing in terms of just shifting the head coach mode over to madden as opposed to selling it for 60 a pop.

Second, in terms of locomotion, I'd say FIFA and Madden are probably one of if not the most similar in terms of movement animations. So much so that they already acknowledged the possibility of transitioning their locomotion engine over to future iterations of madden.

Third, whether we like it or not, this feature WILL be in madden either next year or in NFL 2012... pretty obvious.
Dude..you did not understand a thing I said. I am saying a madden premium edition that comes with headcoach..and maybe some other things. I am saying 11v11 WOULD BE SO BORING if you are OL..while in FIFA everyone is kicking the ball around etc.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I personally would have a lot of fun playing the Full Back in a run oriented offense. Nothing feels better than opening up a huge hole by blowing up a Linebacker and then taking out someone in the second level.
EXACTLY, thank you sir.

For people who really know and understand football, BLOCKING IS FOOTBALL. That's just the name of the game. It's what differentiates the nature of this team sport from any other in the world.

Even if i was a wide receiver, I'd still have to block for my RB or anybody with the rock down the field.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArtofWar
Dude..you did not understand a thing I said. I am saying a madden premium edition that comes with headcoach..and maybe some other things. I am saying 11v11 WOULD BE SO BORING if you are OL..while in FIFA everyone is kicking the ball around etc.
Dude, then go play FIFA online.

I already said there would be a minimum of maybe a way smaller number. No one would actually wait till all spots were taken by humans on a given team, that makes no sense. MEANING, they wouldn't be forced to play 11 vs. 11 but then again they aren't limited to just 3 on 3 or whatever you think is the perfect amount.

And I don't think you understand what I'm saying.... AT ALL. Head Coach failed. Hard. Plus Josh Looman is with the Madden team now so I don't even know when the next one is coming out. If ever.

But I do understand that the ability to play coach mode online would be a welcome addition to a lot of madden fans.

Last edited by noransechie; 05-24-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

That is true..I guess they could have a ready up feature where once there is a majority ready to play then you get in as long as there is an even amount of players..or the lobby could be 3v3..pick your position on O and D when you get into the lobby. The only thing I wouldn't like is with the play choice..who would pick. I am sure people would disagree and CPU picking is subpar at best, though I guess the team could pick whether they should run or throw and then the CPU could pick the play and if the majority of the team does not like the play the CPU could pick another..
Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArtofWar
That is true..I guess they could have a ready up feature where once there is a majority ready to play then you get in as long as there is an even amount of players..or the lobby could be 3v3..pick your position on O and D when you get into the lobby. The only thing I wouldn't like is with the play choice..who would pick. I am sure people would disagree and CPU picking is subpar at best, though I guess the team could pick whether they should run or throw and then the CPU could pick the play and if the majority of the team does not like the play the CPU could pick another..
Well, this brings us to the special headset ordeal. The Person with the headset calls the plays either as a spectating coach or QB. If not that then the captain assigned to each team, usually QB's and MLB's would assign the plays. And if all that fails, whoever opened the lobby first will decide the play-calling duties. he could either do it himself or assign the highest lvl on his squad to. simple.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noransechie
Dude, then go play FIFA online.

I already said there would be a minimum of maybe a way smaller number. No one would actually wait till all spots were taken by humans on a given team, that makes no sense. MEANING, they wouldn't be forced to play 11 vs. 11 but then again they aren't limited to just 3 on 3 or whatever you think is the perfect amount.

And I don't think you understand what I'm saying.... AT ALL. Head Coach failed. Hard. Plus Josh Looman is with the Madden team now so I don't even know when the next one is coming out. If ever.

But I do understand that the ability to play coach mode online would be a welcome addition to a lot of madden fans.
You might wanna retract that or clarify the statement. I couldn't disagree you more.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeazy
You might wanna retract that or clarify the statement. I couldn't disagree you more.
Ok. I'll clarify. In terms of people willing to buy head coach as opposed to Madden... it fails.

The graphics are one yearly cycle too late... fails.

In terms of People feeling left out as a fan of football because they didn't purchase head coach as opposed to madden... it fails.

the fact that playing coach mode shouldn't be ONLY in head coach, and it doesn't warrant another game with that feature alone.

People who played head coach are those that want the extremely deep general manager type of decision making behind franchises.. that shouldn't mean I can;t enjoy a coach mode that was introduced on madden to begin with in last gen online, while that game has the option to do so.

again... that to me is... fail. It's a bit greedy, considering they have a monopoly on football games as it is year in, year out.

Look consider this, it takes many video game companies to work tirelessly for 4-5 years of planning, developing, and promises to gain the trust of customers willing to buy their product for 60 bucks.

Madden, on the other hand... year in, year out will sell as much as those said companies on a yearly basis. Killzone 2 is a perfect example of this. how long did guerilla games work on that title? how much did it sell, seeing as how it was a AAA system moving title with massive hype pipes blowing all across the nation. about as much as how much madden's going to sell... and that's just this year.

... that's reality. They should include this mode in madden, and just have a deep franchise already on the disc by now. have a head coach mode along with superstar mode on ONE DISC. except our expectations from this generation has become so low now.

then again people are satisfied with minor updates, because they feel that madden is already sufficient.

well, to some extent yes i agree. then the other part of me says, well then just give me the option of a 10 dollar yearly roster update with a yearly online play subscription for another 10 dollar fee then. there new madden for 20 bucks. everyone's happy.

Last edited by noransechie; 05-24-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

6 vs 6 or 7 v 7 is more reasonable.

Though I loved playing as a lineman in real football... not so much in a video game

unless it is really and i mean really interactive. I mean like I have to move realistically and it is almost as fun as being the running back

madden 13 maybe

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »