Home

Who exactly is new to the dev team?

This is a discussion on Who exactly is new to the dev team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #9
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Who exactly is new to the dev team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
2nd, this post made me feel all bad like i should buy the guy flowers or something...
You're making me cry.

Just kidding.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Nice guys do not make great games. And a poor captain can bring down a ship rapidly. I can neither deny or confirm that David is a good guy or not, but under his direction the game has been put into a toilet.

Line play has been engage disengage for so long and then when we thought we got an upgrade it was just another super suction fest with a magnet of two players rather than just one guy suctioning.

Poor management can turn a project of good intentions into a steaming pile of poo real quick.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 05-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
Nice guys do not make great games. And a poor captain can bring down a ship rapidly. I can neither deny or confirm that David is a good guy or not, but under his direction the game has been put into a toilet.

Line play has been engage disengage for so long and then when we thought we got an upgrade it was just another super suction fest with a magnet of two players rather than just one guy suctioning.

Poor management can turn a project of good intentions into a steaming pile of poo real quick.
David Ortiz is a person and people make mistakes. I think that the Madden team has now learned from the mistakes he made and are now using community feedback to improve their product and win their consumers back.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
David Ortiz is a person and people make mistakes. I think that the Madden team has now learned from the mistakes he made and are now using community feedback to improve their product and win their consumers back.
You are right he is a person. So are the people at Wachovia that thought it was a good idea to buy a mortgage company that let people pay their bills whenever they wanted.

Good intentions do not always lead to good results. I may be harsh, but it is kind of annoying to see a game that had so much potential back in 2005 be reduced to what it was prior to Ian.

4-6-09
Old 05-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
You are right he is a person. So are the people at Wachovia that thought it was a good idea to buy a mortgage company that let people pay their bills whenever they wanted.

Good intentions do not always lead to good results. I may be harsh, but it is kind of annoying to see a game that had so much potential back in 2005 be reduced to what it was prior to Ian.
Comparing David Ortiz to the mortgage scandal is a bit much.

I spent $60 on Madden last year and thought it kinda sucked.
It didn't ruin me financially or destroy the world economy.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
i also think that ian knows what people want in a game, which is the same as what he wants. im not sure if people have noticed, but ian is indeed a gamer, so hes one of us. he knows what we want and what needs to be taken out. i could just imagine ian saying to himself while playing 08, "what the hell is this!, im gonna go play madden 2005",
-The Rangers will............have better luck nest year

looking forward to this projected masterpiece known Madden 10 (M10)
Old 05-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Comparing David Ortiz to the mortgage scandal is a bit much.

I spent $60 on Madden last year and thought it kinda sucked.
It didn't ruin me financially or destroy the world economy.

Sorry couldn't think of a better analogy. Maybe what Al Davis is doing to the Raiders? Good intentions, but bringing the team into the ground. Comparatively if EA had not bailed out Madden with Ian the whole madden community would have come apart at the seems and chaos would rain on the boards... LBrule would lead a protest for Madden to let go of their exclusivity or face more picketing and public reticule.

Sigh, now I am the bad guy... oh well.

4-6-09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

Ian didn't work on 09 right?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »