Home

What if David Ortiz was still doing Madden 10

This is a discussion on What if David Ortiz was still doing Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What if David Ortiz was still doing Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I guess I'll just say this...If Ortiz was still at the helm, I'm not very confident that this game would have changed direction the way it seemly has.

A move closer to sim like game play...and as importantly, truly involving the Madden community. The Phil/Ian era has given me at least confidants in where the game is headed. A sense of confidants I just didn't have previously.
you mean... confidence? i thought you misspelled it by accident but surely... my god. spellchecker Failed you my friend.

that or you sound like your coming out the closet with some weird stuff going on.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

David Ortiz is making Madden tip vids on Youtube. *sarcasm*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-H9O...eature=channel

lol
Old 05-25-2009, 01:26 AM   #19
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by noransechie
you mean... confidence? i thought you misspelled it by accident but surely... my god. spellchecker Failed you my friend.
So this is why you joined OS?

Normally we at least try to post things that contribute to the thread. Just a hint.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

If ortiz was till there the NFL would be looking into renegotiating the exclusivity contract.

Thank god Peter Moore dropped the hammer before it got worse.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 AM   #21
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

QUICK! Someone get a cross!

lol...man...a thread dedicated to joking on a guy who has nothing to do with the current Madden title. I'd hate to see the reaction if he didn't meet the standards of forum posters for something important.

He was the lead guy on some very mediocre videogames. That's it. Not the first, and won't be the last. He simply seemed to direct his focus on a different market. I'm glad they switched too, but I don't hate the guy or anything...lol. It is only a videogame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 AM   #22
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
It is only a videogame.
for you to say that and be an active member of a video game forum is completely retarted.

what else would you like to talk about then? the man almost ruined the tradition that is madden when you saying that its not his fault?
Old 05-25-2009, 04:56 AM   #23
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmart
for you to say that and be an active member of a video game forum is completely retarted.

what else would you like to talk about then? the man almost ruined the tradition that is madden when you saying that its not his fault?
lol...what does holding a personal vendetta against a man have to do with being a videogame forum member? You make it sound as though not attacking people would destroy the fabric of forum discussion...lol. What else could we possibly discuss?

It's called perspective. I can be an active member of a videogame forum, enjoy videogames, discuss them maturely, disapprove of the direction of some of them, and somehow manage NOT to make it personal. I can also manage to not let an entertainment avenue ruin my life. To vilify anyone you don't know on a personal level is rediculous IMO. I'm not talking about critiquing his work....to be clear on that.

And "the man almost ruined the tradition that is madden"? Please. The Madden "tradition" of tourney garbage started before Ortiz. It was inherent in the way the game played (even on the older games). He simply catered to a market (and I agree with most that it was the wrong one). I highly doubt David Ortiz is the sole reason for the problems that Madden incurred.

EA dropped the ball on many fronts with the switch to "next gen"...not just with Madden either. Maybe (just maybe) there is something bigger than Ortiz at play in all that...lol. You're actually giving him too much credit if you honestly think Madden was "ruined" by him. He was just one part of a big ball dropping cluster-you-know-what that EA went through.

I've only purchased one Madden game on the current systems (09...primarily for HC) because I didn't like the direction of Madden either. So it's not about defense or saying he doesn't deserve his share of the blame for what went wrong.

As I already said, I just don't understand the personal aspect to not liking his work is all. I guess that's part of my mental deficiencies (I am ********, after all).

Oh well. By all means, carry on in your blind hatred...lol.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 05-25-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

^^ Thank you, above poster! Good post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »