Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Blocking Improvements Part 2 - The Run Game

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Blocking Improvements Part 2 - The Run Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #33
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Blog is up! Run blocking improvements...

This looks amazing. Really excited about these run blocking changes.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 39

Wow...who knew so many changes were possible in one iteration? I am looking forward to playing definsive line again. Thanks for not keeping line players suctioned to each other for another year.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 27

I wonder what the verdict is on nameplates. In the video I see that Randy Thomas #77 Redskins, has his first name initial. I was playing 09 and noticed that Carson Palmer's says "C.Palmer". These are both wrong.

I'd just like to reiterate that it would probably be best to get rid of all name initials in Madden. I'm still not sure if initials were outlawed, but I could've sworn I heard this someplace. I just know that just about every player that gets shown wearing it in Madden doesn't wear it in real life. It's most glaring on marquee players because you know immediately from memory what their nameplate looks like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #36
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Yeah, well, he must have covered, because he braces himself in the hit stick video. As I said, the responsibility is with the guy on the sticks.
I'm sure it only looks that way because of the way the animation was captured. It takes two people to mo-cap a tackle (obviously), so whoever the ballcarrier was, he dipped his shoulder a little before being hit. But there really isn't any "bracing" going on outside of the animation.

Anyway, nice blog. One thing I noticed wasn't touched on was lead blocks. Have those been tweaked at all? Sometimes in Madden 09, the FB or whoever was lead blocking would make the wrong decision in picking up the block. If there's a blitz and someone gets in the backfield, sometimes he'd ignore him and go on to assignment. Also, inferior lead blockers should get blown up in the hole, not just sidestepped like they do in 09. This would slow down people who love to run dual tailbacks in the I Formation.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 05-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #37
MVP

Anyway, the blocking looks good. This is a very important enhancement. Running lanes didn't make an awful lot of sense in 09. That looks like it will be a lot better now.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I wonder what the verdict is on nameplates. In the video I see that Randy Thomas #77 Redskins, has his first name initial. I was playing 09 and noticed that Carson Palmer's says "C.Palmer". These are both wrong.

I'd just like to reiterate that it would probably be best to get rid of all name initials in Madden. I'm still not sure if initials were outlawed, but I could've sworn I heard this someplace. I just know that just about every player that gets shown wearing it in Madden doesn't wear it in real life. It's most glaring on marquee players because you know immediately from memory what their nameplate looks like.
Josh actually just updated this on Saturday - as per KANE_DB he let us know that players aren't allowed to use first initials anymore. If you guys know of anyone that still uses an initial, please start a new thread and we'll make sure to keep them as the exception.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Josh actually just updated this on Saturday - as per KANE_DB he let us know that players aren't allowed to use first initials anymore. If you guys know of anyone that still uses an initial, please start a new thread and we'll make sure to keep them as the exception.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #40
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

great blog! balance is so important in madden,and the run blocking in 09 was horrible! LBs used to come in untouched and blow up your run everytime on a run blitz. the fb and center were the dumbest blockers I ever seen!I like the new animations,and as you can see as a defender you can still make a great swim or rip move and get to the ballcarrier,so like i said it seems to balance out. After seeing the blog today,and with the pile on tackles,it is going to be fun to pound the rock in '10. Great job Ian and co. !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »