Home

A fresh pic from Ian twitter

This is a discussion on A fresh pic from Ian twitter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: A fresh pic from Ian twitter

Why are they constantly showing Troy get pwned??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #42
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Depends on how much detail there is.

Like me personally, I could never go back to Madden 07. The game is so unresponsive.
I'm pretty sure that's a case of "bad game is bad" more than an actual framerate issue.

But, whatever, I'm not going to argue further about it.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 27

Ian and I had a chat here back in the Winter about the issues with Madden 07 (30 frames). He said himself that responsiveness in that game had more to do with the animation system.

One good case for that is, if you play Madden 07 on PS3 and then Madden 08 on PS3, you'll see that Madden 08 was quicker and more responsive even though it ran at 30 frames just like 07 did. The difference with 08 was the animations being used. 07's weren't built for breakouts and more sophisticated branching while 08's were. Yes, the 360 version of Madden 08 ran smoother, but like I always say, had I never seen or played the 360 version it wouldn't have made a difference to me. At the end of the day both games equally stunk... it's just the 360 version stunk faster, lol.

I don't want them to go back to 30 frames completely, I just want people to have the option. If other highly successful franchises can do it, I see no reason why Madden can't.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtre88
Why are they constantly showing Troy get pwned??
Yeah, I do find that a bit strange myself. I haven't seen him win a single shot yet. Maybe Troy ticked someone off, lol?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #45
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I'm pretty sure that's a case of "bad game is bad" more than an actual framerate issue.

But, whatever, I'm not going to argue further about it.
A big reason why it was bad was becuase the game was so unresponsive and it being 30 fps didn't help matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 PM   #46
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Did anybody notice the "SAVE" icon on the menu bar?
Does this mea we'll be able to save mid-game?!!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #47
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
Did anybody notice the "SAVE" icon on the menu bar?
Does this mea we'll be able to save mid-game?!!
That save icon is nothing new.

We're looking at the "Rosters" sub menu. Nothing to indicate any kind of in-game anything.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #48
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Ian and I had a chat here back in the Winter about the issues with Madden 07 (30 frames). He said himself that responsiveness in that game had more to do with the animation system.

One good case for that is, if you play Madden 07 on PS3 and then Madden 08 on PS3, you'll see that Madden 08 was quicker and more responsive even though it ran at 30 frames just like 07 did. The difference with 08 was the animations being used. 07's weren't built for breakouts and more sophisticated branching while 08's were. Yes, the 360 version of Madden 08 ran smoother, but like I always say, had I never seen or played the 360 version it wouldn't have made a difference to me. At the end of the day both games equally stunk... it's just the 360 version stunk faster, lol.

I don't want them to go back to 30 frames completely, I just want people to have the option. If other highly successful franchises can do it, I see no reason why Madden can't.
To tell you the truth. The game can be at 30 are 60 frames per second. Still wouldn't bother me one bit. So long as the gameplay looks good and and smooth and the graphics look good. I am a happy camper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »