Home

Madden NFL 10 Ratings: Top 10 by Position (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Ratings: Top 10 by Position (ESPN Videogames) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 10 Ratings: Top 10 by Position (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Brady is The Cake. And as everyone knows, The Cake is a lie...
Brady is the best qb in the league.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 35

NFL network just ran a show saying how Brady didnt have a strong arm.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #59
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
+1

If I were an NFL QB and had stats like Brady I would have a 97+ throw power too....Yet for some strange reason I cant throw the ball further/harder then Palmer, Cutler, or Russel. Just because you produce doesnt mean you have a strong arm.
Accuracy is more important than arm strenght. Jamarcus Russell can throw a ball through a brick wall, but he sucks because he also can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think they want to give him a huge arm so he can over throw the deep coverage with Moss. Indeed, this is not how they've played. They score big plays on UNDER thrown deep balls and cover-2 safety splits which Tom throws perfectly.

There really needs to be an emphasis on how well touch passers like Brady and Warner hit guys in full stride. That creates many more big plays than throwing giant 75 yard bombs.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 12

Until Brady proves he can play again I think he should be lower then Brees. Injuries like that can be a funny thing.

Thomas Jones deserves it, he had a great year last year. Age could be a worry for him this year though.

Westbrook is definitely over rated. He didn't even break 1k yards last year and he was injured. Combine that with his age and wonder how much he has left in him.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Accuracy is more important than arm strenght. Jamarcus Russell can throw a ball through a brick wall, but he sucks because he also can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think they want to give him a huge arm so he can over throw the deep coverage with Moss. Indeed, this is not how they've played. They score big plays on UNDER thrown deep balls and cover-2 safety splits which Tom throws perfectly.

There really needs to be an emphasis on how well touch passers like Brady and Warner hit guys in full stride. That creates many more big plays than throwing giant 75 yard bombs.
I am in the camp that says Brady is overrated in his throw power. You are correct that he throws the deep ball well but that only means he is accurate. It doesnt mean he can out throw strength wise other QBs. Hope that clears up what I said earlier.

EDIT
People yell that Brady has better accuracy then Manning but Brady really is just better at the deep ball. If Brees has a 92 and Brady has an 88 then something tells me that is the best deep ball QBs right there. Brady's stats are lower because he was hurt and I think he is a bit more accurate in the short departments but nothing higher then Mannings if he comes back at full health. They just need to lower that throw power.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 05-26-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 9

Gore has the same "trucking" rating as Thomas Jones?!!!

...looks like P-Willie was downgraded from a 99 (frm the ratings blog) to a 98..
Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #63
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Brady is the best qb in the league.
Brady is the ideal system QB in a system QB league. So from that measure, yes he is the best QB in the league.

Cassell proved that Brady's success is a product of Belicheck's system.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #64
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12
overall pretty good ratings... some speed debate but good rankings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »