Home

Best Rookie in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Best Rookie in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: bEST ROOKIE IN MADDEN 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Guys, I bet you 27 dollars that any rookie WR in this years draft is not going to have the biggest impact out of any of the rookies drafted in RL.

It will likely be a lineman, a tackle. Maybe maybe maybe one of the RBs.

On D, Curry if he really is the bees knees he is supposed to be.

In Madden, obviously a different story.

Although I am not sure if this thread is about Madden or RL anymore.
I think a lil of both. With the roster updates, they can have a bigger impact later in the season. So if a rookie is doing good in RL, it should show in madden.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #74
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
wow, people are showing a lot of love to the wr position even though they typically dont make a big impact thier rookie years-just ask the lions.

I would have to say Aaron Curry, he is considered one of the most talented atheletes in the draft and he is playing a position that doesnt have a huge learning curve.
how in the world can you make that statement about receivers and then follow up with a LB for your choice??? LB as rookies have been alot less impactful than receivers. i happen to think that eddie royal, desean jackson and a few others had very nice rookie seasons and this has been a pattern with wr's for years.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #75
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
how can you say he is the worst qb? he the only qb the won 4 bowls game. mvp of the sr. bowl.(nfl network) said he had a best arm at the combine. if he was over 6, he would have went in the 1st round. Pat White size kill his draft stock , not his skills. Put his stats vs any qb that you think is better, and ill bet P. White is better.

White threw for 6,049 yards and ran for 4,480 more, setting the NCAA record for career rushing yards by a quarterback.
when you say things like that it makes me wonder if you watch football on a daily or yearly basis. chase daniel and graham harrell distroyed pat white's numbers and weren't even drafted! not to mention all the qb's that had better season that haven't left school yet. pat white is very overrated because of guys like you who watch sports with one eye and don't see everyone else's accomplishments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmart
when you say things like that it makes me wonder if you watch football on a daily or yearly basis. chase daniel and graham harrell distroyed pat white's numbers and weren't even drafted! not to mention all the qb's that had better season that haven't left school yet. pat white is very overrated because of guys like you who watch sports with one eye and don't see everyone else's accomplishments.
Go get the stats!!!!!

Pat White have a better arm then both of them.

Quote:
Quarterbacks coach David Lee met with White at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., where White emerged as the game's MVP. Ireland was at White's scouting combine throwing showcase, where some considered him more impressive than former Southern California quarterback Mark Sanchez, who was the fifth overall pick by the New York Jets.
I dont know if you know football, or is just hating on the man. i didnt draft him, 1 of the best minds in the NFL did. link for the quote http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...at-white_N.htm

Last edited by TyghtWork; 05-27-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 13

i would say either percy harvin or carbtree
Favorite Games
  1. NFL 2K5
  2. MLB The Show Series
  3. GTA series
  4. COD MW and MW2
  5. LBP
  6. MAG
Add me on PS3 and Xbox
PSN-
phiillyz
XBL- phil z824
Old 05-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #78
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

The only way Pat White is the best rookie in Madden is if someone who REALLY, REALLY likes some good 'ole American cheese uses him.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 05-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
The only way Pat White is the best rookie in Madden is if someone who REALLY, REALLY likes some good 'ole American cheese uses him.
It's that the same for any wr in the game. To get him yards your running the same play over, and over again. Or just throwing ever pass to him?

Cuz he faster then the other qbs he cheese?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #80
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmart
how in the world can you make that statement about receivers and then follow up with a LB for your choice??? LB as rookies have been alot less impactful than receivers. i happen to think that eddie royal, desean jackson and a few others had very nice rookie seasons and this has been a pattern with wr's for years.
I picked Aaron Curry because this was considered a weak draft and has been called the best overall athelete in this draft. I would beg to differ on lbs being less impactful than wrs. Aj Hawk came in as an evey down lb and was very successful. Rookie wrs on the other hand usually make it to about 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »