Home

Best Rookie in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Best Rookie in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: bEST ROOKIE IN MADDEN 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
Here we go again.. The 9ers will have Crab as a WR, that is all I said, I didn't say he will be the #1/#2/slot/etc WR.. I just said they will put him at WR, which is just as specific of a role as you saying PW will be a wildcat WR/QB for the Phins..

And being the Viking fan that I am, I know that rookie WRs are certainly capable of playing well.. But on this same note, I never said anything about how well Crab is going to do this season so I don't know why you keep telling me he doesn't have a QB, I used him as an example..

Also for your last part, I'm assuming you mean the Jason Smith comment.. First I didn't say he was going to be ROTY, and I know this is a thread about best rookies but again, he was used as an example of having a SPECIFIC role for a team. It's also not impossible for him to be in consideration for ROTY but that wasn't my point.. Joe Thomas probably would have won it a couple years ago if AD didn't
Im talking about a role not the position. The role he will play in the offense.
P. Harvin, is a wr but the role he will play is to open up the offense. Moving ppl out of the box, to set up the Viks run more. They are not talking about using him as a #1 or #2 wr. But to put him out there, to give the defense something to think about. Like i said P. White has a role to play with Miami, and the skill set to pull it off. Pat White for ROTY, No. But with his skill set and the dolphins offense, he will be fun to watch. With the rosters updates, he will be hard to deal with in madden. Thats why i pointed at his 61 ratings, and it was already said by the time the game comes out he'll be better then a 61. Wrs rating take the longest to go up. So it will be 1 of the hbs by yr end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by king525
I love speed so im going with Hayward-bye
Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #67
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyghtWork
Im talking about a role not the position. The role he will play in the offense.
P. Harvin, is a wr but the role he will play is to open up the offense. Moving ppl out of the box, to set up the Viks run more. They are not talking about using him as a #1 or #2 wr. But to put him out there, to give the defense something to think about. Like i said P. White has a role to play with Miami, and the skill set to pull it off.
Every player on the field has a role.. Why you think Whites role is any more important than any other rookies is what I still can't figure out(other than the obvious homer part)..
Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmart
im biased??? i have no personal connection to the 9ers! here is me being you..."mark sanchez and brian cushing will have the biggest impact as rookies because they are from USC!" why is pat even in the conversation? he is by far one of the worst qb's to come out this year. the list of qbs that are wayyyy better then pat that weren't even drafted is outrageous.

and for all you defense freaks.....larry english will have the biggest impact on d! anyone who doesn't think larry english is a pure beast needs to stop watching football imediatly.
how can you say he is the worst qb? he the only qb the won 4 bowls game. mvp of the sr. bowl.(nfl network) said he had a best arm at the combine. if he was over 6, he would have went in the 1st round. Pat White size kill his draft stock , not his skills. Put his stats vs any qb that you think is better, and ill bet P. White is better.

White threw for 6,049 yards and ran for 4,480 more, setting the NCAA record for career rushing yards by a quarterback.

Last edited by TyghtWork; 05-27-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #69
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

wow, people are showing a lot of love to the wr position even though they typically dont make a big impact thier rookie years-just ask the lions.

I would have to say Aaron Curry, he is considered one of the most talented atheletes in the draft and he is playing a position that doesnt have a huge learning curve.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
Every player on the field has a role.. Why you think Whites role is any more important than any other rookies is what I still can't figure out(other than the obvious homer part)..
He can throw for 1. Last season miami put in the wildcat, and got big plays from it. Later in the season they got good yards, but no big plays. Teams started putting 9-10 in the box, cuz miami couldnt throw from it.The qbs on the roster couldnt run, so when they lined up at wr, no one respected it, Right?

Now you add a Pat White, a qb that can run and throw. Put him in for pennington(at wr), now you have the screen to him. Then put him in at qb( where ronnie brown is) , now you have the zone read. He can keep it and run for 4-5yd, pa and pass for yds. Its so many way to get him stats in that offense. not, just drop back and pass. Then when you line him up as the qb in the I. It will open up the running game( cuz he can run on boots, like M. Vick did), that will set up a PA pass for more yards. Thats Why

Not alot of rookies have that this season, if any.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...up-the-wildcat

Last edited by TyghtWork; 05-27-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #71
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
wow, people are showing a lot of love to the wr position even though they typically dont make a big impact thier rookie years-just ask the lions.
To be fair though the thread is about best rookie in Madden, so the fast WRs are going to make as big of an impact as any position in the game itself, not real life..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 03:09 PM   #72
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Guys, I bet you 27 dollars that any rookie WR in this years draft is not going to have the biggest impact out of any of the rookies drafted in RL.

It will likely be a lineman, a tackle. Maybe maybe maybe one of the RBs.

On D, Curry if he really is the bees knees he is supposed to be.

In Madden, obviously a different story.

Although I am not sure if this thread is about Madden or RL anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »