Home

Your Franchise Mode Prediction

This is a discussion on Your Franchise Mode Prediction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden 10's Franchise Mode Will Be...
The Best Franchise Mode Ever (In Any Game) 26 15.48%
A Good Improvement 100 59.52%
A Slight Improvement (Not Much Different than 09) 37 22.02%
Horribly Disappointing 5 2.98%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #25
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Your Franchise Mode Prediction

To be honest, I get on alright with the current franchise mode. Sure, it's not the best, but it doesn't have too much of a hinderance on me as to how much I love to play it.

That said...

I think the fact that the guys have been so unbelievably 'mum' about franchise mode, and hardly released any info, leads me to think that they have something massive planned for franchise that they are going to reveal at E3..well, I hope...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #26
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

For me personally, if they get Online Franchise in and fix the fundamental flaws it'll be a big improvement.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 26

#2. I expect a considerable improvement in franchise mode. Simply fixing player progression would be a major step.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #28
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
#2. I expect a considerable improvement in franchise mode. Simply fixing player progression would be a major step.
Well, you said what I was gonna say.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeveli20
I agree. I also remember before 09 came out, everybody was asking about franchise improvements and we were told that in Madden 09 there wasn't much added, just improvements to what was already there. But from what I remember, they said franchise mode would be a big focus for 2010.

However, after reading a recent quote from Phil taken here, I voted number 3 as it sounds like it will just be tuned and bug fixed with the only addition being the highlight show. That's all well and good from a presentation standpoint, but it seems like everything else in franchise mode will be the exact same as last year, just more tuned and with fewer bugs.
I thought I was the only one that remembered them saying Madden 10 was supposed to the year of the franchise.

Last year was supposed to be Presentation and Gameplay.

Then this year they start talking about Madden 10 and it was like de javu all over again. Presentation and Gameplay!

I am really hoping to be surprised but that link you mentioned didn't make me feel to optimistic.

But maybe I can't read between the line.?.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux
I thought I was the only one that remembered them saying Madden 10 was supposed to the year of the franchise.

Last year was supposed to be Presentation and Gameplay.

Then this year they start talking about Madden 10 and it was like de javu all over again. Presentation and Gameplay!

I am really hoping to be surprised but that link you mentioned didn't make me feel to optimistic.

But maybe I can't read between the line.?.
It's tough to tell. The way he says it is that it sounds like they just fixed bugs/tuned and then the new addition is the extra point show. He mentions some big stuff for online being announced at E3 but doesn't say much about franchise stuff being mentioned at E3. Otherwise I believe he would have said something like "and Franchise is getting a lot of tuning, bug fixing, a new show called The Extra Point, and some other additions to be revealed at E3."

I want to be optimistic, but it's hard when not much has been said about franchise, and everything they have said all relates to tuning and bug fixing. Don't get me wrong that stuff is very important, but I still would like a lot of things added that weren't in it last year other than The Extra Point Show.

I still think it will just be a slight improvement, but I would absolutely love to be proven wrong.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 23

I voted #2, but if the highlight show is better than 2k5 then I'd go with #1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint92
I voted #2, but if the highlight show is better than 2k5 then I'd go with #1.
In my opinion, I think they need to add more than just a highlight show to have it be the best franchise mode ever. However, it seems like that's really the only big thing they've added since Phil mentioned it again in the recent IGN interview as the addition to franchise mode. No mention of anything else being announced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »