Home

Known Errors with Madden 10 release

This is a discussion on Known Errors with Madden 10 release within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #57
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Known Errors with Madden 10 release

Then what are you even talking about. You say that 2k isn't the best ever, but then you go around looking for a 2k killer. What am I missing?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 12

And all this has what to do with madden 10 know errors

Just messing with you
Old 05-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 18

good one
Old 05-28-2009, 03:24 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Agreed that a lot of things pop up after release that we didn't know about. We hate that as a development team, but the amount of man-hours spent in the game on in the first day of Madden's release dwarfs the amount of work we spend the entire year on the game as a team. We are aggressively pursuing ways to make sure big issues don't appear - the early community day was one such example this year...a 'beta' test is something we always want to look into for the future (couldn't happen for Madden 10 unfortunately...we didn't have enough time in the plan to get this done).

I have however been sort of loosely planning a thread or post to go ahead and set expectations and talk about some of the key areas/features we weren't able to address or areas we as a team think still need improvement. As I've said before there are quite a few features that did not fit in our official schedule but we were hoping to pull off some superhuman efforts to get them into the game. So as we final the game and I can say with certainty what features did or did not make it into the shipped/disc build of Madden 10, I want to share that with you guys so it's not like you're surprised by reading a review or when you put the disc in.

Let's be clear - there are areas that we know will not make people happy with some of the news we release. No game is perfect, and though I feel we have made some MAJOR strides to Madden this year, there are also some areas that I am not totally satisfied with. It's the hardest part about finaling video games - having to finally give up and accept that feature X isn't making it - but the good news is that since the interaction between the team and the community has been so strong this year, the hope is that everyone can see what DID accomplish, and balance that against what didn't make it in, realize that we are all moving in the right direction, and still enjoy Madden NFL 10 since we all think it's one hell of a great game.

There is no doubt that some people will be unhappy, and I just know we can't please everyone all the time (especially with this gigantic user-base), but I think we all agree that it's best that we get it out into the open and talk about why certain decisions were made and then we can all kind of collectively talk about the best solutions moving forward. I would say we as a team aren't doing our jobs very well if you have no clue why major wishlist feature X wasn't added to the game, and you can only speculate that "ZOMG the Madden team is a bunch of idiots, they don't even watch football, 2k5 rulz, blah blah blah".

Launch is going to be fun.
**** it, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lend some of your brain to the NCAA team. You are so open and forthright with the community, and the NCAA team is still very much out of touch with it. I'm just amazed at how differently you guys are handling this whole thing considering you all work in the same building together.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:09 AM   #61
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
**** it, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lend some of your brain to the NCAA team. You are so open and forthright with the community, and the NCAA team is still very much out of touch with it. I'm just amazed at how differently you guys are handling this whole thing considering you all work in the same building together.
I said this to Phil and Phil goes, maybe I should put him on the NCAA team for next year.

Then follows it up with a, nah just kidding.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 26

Some people will buy this game just to point out things that are wrong with it
Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I recall posts from some people always mentioning colored cleats, I don't see anything wrong with flak jackets/rb back plates being treated the same way.
That was mostly contained in one thread, not every thread in the main forum.

By the way, great post by Ian.

Let's not forget(this is probably for the folks that came after Jan/Feb area) that when Ian stated, When you see it on Sunday, yada, yada, yada, he quickly qualified that statement that it all won't happen in one development cycle. He meant that statement for the years and editions to come.

I've said all along, aim high, shoot low. I got some flak for that statement, but realistically, everyone has different expectations. As Ian stated, implementing the whole wish list is absurd(not his word, mine) in one development cycle.

I'm not looking for a 180 degree turnaround right away. We live in a society that wants things done and want it now.

I just want a game that represents the NFL on Sunday.

Last edited by roadman; 05-28-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Some people will buy this game just to point out things that are wrong with it
I have zero problems with that whatsoever.

Even if they're jerks about it...that still is a win-win. They buy the game (which is the most important thing from a business standpoint), and then they point out flaws so we know what to fix in patches, DLC's, and next year (which is extremely important to me from a design standpoint).

I'll take it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »