Home

Known Errors with Madden 10 release

This is a discussion on Known Errors with Madden 10 release within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #65
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Known Errors with Madden 10 release

There's only one thing that will make me very dissappointed with Madden if it's not in.......
Other than that I'm liking what I see.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Hopefully it'll be fun for us gamers
Kudos on the Decemberists Av.

--
I'm prepared to accept that this game will probably have more gameplay glitches or exploits than the last few Maddens, while also fixing many of the exploits/glitches from previous games. There's so much new technology this year, so many new techniques and subtleties to the gameplay, that in a few weeks after release I'm sure there will be some "exploit" where somebody will say "how did that get by QA?" They can't catch everything and there are a lot of gamers who play JUST to look for glitches and holes in the game to exploit online, and that sort of play-type is tough to accomodate for in the studio.

THe way that I play offline and online (which I usually only play with friends), I'm not worried about the glitches that we likely will see.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I have zero problems with that whatsoever.

Even if they're jerks about it...that still is a win-win. They buy the game (which is the most important thing from a business standpoint), and then they point out flaws so we know what to fix in patches, DLC's, and next year (which is extremely important to me from a design standpoint).

I'll take it.

Please remember some people don't have access to the dlc.. Andy has read other dev's that have said they put the game out, and basically used the DLC as a safey net knowing they would fix that then.. Andy understands time restraints and time issues, but please don't use the DLC as a crutch
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
Please remember some people don't have access to the dlc.. Andy has read other dev's that have said they put the game out, and basically used the DLC as a safey net knowing they would fix that then.. Andy understands time restraints and time issues, but please don't use the DLC as a crutch
T.J. doesn't understand why Andy must post in the 3rd person all the time. T.J. is very confused.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 32

First of all I liked Madden 09 and if Madden 2010 is better I am happy camper. I think your team is well on their way of producing that special game. Keep up the good work.

PS
2k football does rulz

Peace
Old 05-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 11

Let's be cautious though about bugs vs. features. If X feature isn't in, ok, fine, maybe it'll take a few development cycles, and that's that.

But bugs are a different animal (no pun intended).

It's a given that some bugs just won't be caught until thousands of people are playing. But you'd hope the bugs that are caught are small and have possible workarounds, still rendering the game very playable. This was fairly common on the older legacy Maddens which resulted in things like the "Madden Manifesto" and the like.

The current legacy Maddens have thus far released with certain bugs that were so egregious that you have to wonder if they ever tested at all. Where popping in the game simply a couple times would have rendered these as relevant issues.

Unless, of course, some issues were noticed but considered irrelevant because (in past iterations) the development mindset was that of a tourny-game anyway. Who knows?

Features? I understand those take time. But I'll take a relatively stable game that works well with less features over a feature-laden game with multiple gamebreaking bugs any day.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #71
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

My Thoughts:

1. Online franchise will be in... all they had to do was carry over the NCAA code. It will be announced at e3.

2. The let downs the Ian speaks about are despite being online and under the hood, franchise will appear untouched. As per Donny, he has just been patching things up and fixing the numbers. This will disappoint as people are suspecting a robust franchise as per head coach.

3. Another missing feature will be the lack of a true pocket. Early game play videos have shown that it's just not there yet. My theory that having the DE's come up field causes problems with the run game (tosses/sweeps) so my Colts will again be ineffective again this year.

Peace

Last edited by cdon2k; 05-28-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #72
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
thanks Ian, seriously, your level of honesty and candid approach to how you deal with the consumer shows me how incredibly professional you and your team are towards making this the best madden ever..we all know it won't be perfect, we just want to help make it as good as it can be!!
Agree with his comments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »