Home

DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(link)

This is a discussion on DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(link) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #25
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(li

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliushodge
Well as a Raiders fan you should know who is first on the list...and well deserved. I don't think anyone could get that one wrong unless you haven't been watching football for the last 3 years.
pacman? haha ok ok i know it's Aso...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #26
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: DONNY please use THE SPORTING NEWS RANKINGS to help determine PLAYER RATINGS!!(li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I agree the previous year's performance is definitely something to go off of when determining the guess at next year's performance...
it's part of it but barely all of it..you have to look at what he's going to have around him

seems a lot of you are getting the wrong idea, these ranking are not projecting ability as much as their effectiveness in their respective systems in the UPCOMING year!!!! that's why i like them so much!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #27
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ratigns are good for madden 10. I have no complaint on that.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

I just read that list, is that comic relief? Are you serious.
Remember journalist work for the papers & sometimes for the teams too.
Ian & our devs work for us and don't have to answer to someone asking why his player was rated so low on a list.
Relationships are everything, I can't take that list serious; it not serious! Lol…..

Last edited by mars85042; 05-27-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm sure this thread will be locked soon.

Ratings are subjective, even the NFL players complain about their ratings.

I like the ratings spread out more this year.

I'd rather the ratings mean more than in years past vs thumb jockey skills.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #30
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensaiKatai
it's part of it but barely all of it..you have to look at what he's going to have around him

seems a lot of you are getting the wrong idea, these ranking are not projecting ability as much as their effectiveness in their respective systems in the UPCOMING year!!!! that's why i like them so much!!
ya dude i agree... obviously the players and coaches around someone are going to have an impact on how well they play.. But i believe EVERYONE has a slightly different opinion on who is better than whom..... so to each his own... I have confidence in Donny's ability to rate the players... (I'm sure he goes off of a bazillion different ranking databases..) So if ya don't like 'em when it comes out... edit the players to your liking....
Old 05-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #31
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

if i'm in the minority then by all means disregard the whole thread..i just hope you guys understand what it is these rankings on sporting news really imply (if not check my last post) and what it is i'm trying to say..i did my best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 10

Lol @ Deangelo Falls Being In the list of top Cornerbacks... Lol @ Jake Delhomme Being at 15...Love him to death but i think cassel might perform better but it couldve been the patriots offensive system that helped cassel to do well...AtLeast they got some things right like ed reed jordon gross J peppers A P... And The Middle lInebacker List is crazy No Jon Beason Heck hes Better than urlacher!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »