Home

Progression in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Progression in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should attributes like speed, strength and throw power progress in franchise mode?
Yes. They should all progress as much as the other attributes 14 9.27%
Yes, but only a small amount (ex: +3 or 4 over their entire career) 76 50.33%
Speed shouldn't change, but players can get train to get stronger 57 37.75%
No. speed and strength should not progress 4 2.65%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #49
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Should attributes like speed, strength and throw power progress in franchise mode

I'm in the group that says that speed shouldn't change, but strength should, but the window for growth should be small(4-7 points max). Throw power I don't know. Perhaps another small window (3-5 points max). You really don't see people that come into the NFL running 4.7 then in 5 years they run 4.4. It is possible to get stronger as a pro because that is your only job, it's not like college where you only have 20 hours of practice time and still have to go to school.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #50
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Should attributes like speed, strength and throw power progress in franchise mode

I think things like strength should be able to go up, because like people have already posted, players can get stronger. I think speed should go up but not alot, maybe 1-3 points throughout a career, with 3 being the absolute max.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Progression in Franchise Mode

I think making strength not progress is a mistake. The ONLY way to make everyone happy (those who want speed and strength to imcrease) is to have the ability to edit attributes mid-franchise.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #52
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

They should be trainable attributes, but speed and throw power should only go up about 3pts in their entire career. You can't train speed which is why alot of coaches value the 40yd dash (just look at the raiders, no offense to raiders fans). And in terms of arm strength you either have a rocket arm or you don't, yes you can work on it but your arms not going to become "farve" like just because you work on it. The only attribute I could see going up more than 3 is strength. When alot of players hit the pros they get alot stronger after getting on that pro lifting schedule.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa28
Speed should change a little bit if not at all. But strength should definately change..Guys do get stronger as they get into the pros.
^Thiz
Like they always say at the draft, you can't teach speed, or even agility for that matter. If a guy comes in the league as a stiff, he's always a stiff, he might use his IQ to make up for his change of direction skills.

But players definitely do get stronger, thats why they spend so much time in the weight room.

Throwing Power should NOT increase though, it should decrease though when they get in their upper 30's.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

Ugh.

I appreciate your work, Josh, but it's a little bothersome that stregnth cannot be increased during a career. For many positions it's not a big deal like WR and DB, but when it comes to D-Line and O-line, I think it's a HUGE deal.

Is it at all possible that this can be patched up after the game comes out? I like the rest of the ideas for progression this year, but having no strength increase seems backwards.

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Progression is one of my main concerns with Madden 10. I hate it when I do a Dallas franchise and get Roy Williams like 80 receptions, 1200 yrds, and like 11 TDs and he doesn't progress.
This theory of having a good season, SHOULD make my player progress even more than ever .... is a lil sketchy to me.

First off, you had a good season....how much better do you need him to be to have another good season ?

And think back a few years in the NFL...Shaun Alexander had a awesome season...so he should have, by your thoughts, been EVEN better the next season....but in reality he had a horrible next year. And LT fell into that scenario, and many many more....

ON Progression.... I dont think Speed should increase, period !! Acceleration could increase a little.....and both should decrease in time.

But every other attribute should have progression and regression in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #56
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

How to tackle his problem has always been intriguing to me. If you blow the NFL up with Colt Brennan, I feel his ratings should go up drastically.

However, should you be able to tear the league up with Colt Brennan? Shouldn't his ratings dictate that he plays very poorly?

The big debate is always stick skills versus attributes. I want to lean towards attributes, but this is a game more than a simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »