Home

Madden 09 and 10 vids to compare

This is a discussion on Madden 09 and 10 vids to compare within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #25
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 09 and 10 vids to compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5

yeah, the NFL is the devil, but EA made a pact with the devil. and not once, because that wasn't enough for them, they did it twice! doesn't it bother you when people steal elections and destroy innovative cars, and then you have years of stagnation?
I mean don't get me wrong, I don't like them having the exclusive license either, but all I'm basically saying is that this is what the NFL wanted...

Also it seems that a lot of people think that Madden has been bad at the beginning of this gen due to them having the license but that's not true. Madden usually has some type of problems when transitioning to new consoles. The PS2 not so much (though there were some things missing from ps1 versions), but the sega genesis to ps1 transition was bad too. So bad that they canceled madden 96. Honestly, madden on the ps1 wasn't good until Madden 99 imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
Im mad at the nfl..I mean..EA's cool and I like the team..but they have tried their best to match the gameplay of 2k and simply cant do it..Even the commentary..2k was repetitive too..but at least everything they said went so smooth together. Oh well..I think we should just stop expecting so much.
Well I think we should see more vids until we make final judgments like that. I mean it's obvious that IGN cut a lot of stuff out just so that things can get announced later, and also Ian has said that the game has improved a lot since that vid was taken (2 weeks ago), and also there's things being fixed as we speak right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
And CUT!! Great scene.
Back on topic: 10 is ten step ahead of 09 and shooting backwards. From those vids you see the lighting change is really significant. Romos throwing ani is spot on and that catch by crayton was epic.
Yeah the lighting has been greatly improved.

You can see it better in the Gametrailers Doc vid on online co-op. The daytime games look like they transition from day to night since the lighting was that of the sun setting in the evening.

But yeah lets get back on topic and not make this thread like the various other threads that have been locked lol.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 05-29-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
You know, with the exception a of couple cut-scenes, the two games still look the same.
Besides the cutscenes, you didn't notice anything new about the animations or the speed of the game??
Old 05-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Besides the cutscenes, you didn't notice anything new about the animations or the speed of the game??

Not really. I mean I don't have a magnifying glass, but just viewing those two videos side-by-side, they still look like the same game to me.

Plus, that Madden 10 video looks heavily edited. After each play they're back at the line of scrimmage in a split second.

I would imagine some instant replays and other camera angles would help - but just based on this video, I don't see much different from 09 aside from the cut scenes.

Maybe not all the stuff is in yet?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Not really. I mean I don't have a magnifying glass, but just viewing those two videos side-by-side, they still look like the same game to me.

Plus, that Madden 10 video looks heavily edited. After each play they're back at the line of scrimmage in a split second.

I would imagine some instant replays and other camera angles would help - but just based on this video, I don't see much different from 09 aside from the cut scenes.

Maybe not all the stuff is in yet?
I don't have a magnifying glass either and I noticed the animations and the better game speed lol.

But yeah a lot of the stuff was obviously cut so that it would get announced/shown later. Making an 100% final judgment of the game based on the vid is ridiculous imo due to that reason and also becuase the game has improved since the vid was shot.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I don't have a magnifying glass either and I noticed the animations and the better game speed lol.

But yeah a lot of the stuff was obviously cut so that it would get announced/shown later. Making an 100% final judgment of the game based on the vid is ridiculous imo due to that reason and also becuase the game has improved since the vid was shot.

Well, it's a good thing that nobody has made a 100% final judgment yet.

We're just comparing 2 videos in the original post.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #30
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Quote:
Well, it's a good thing that nobody has made a 100% final judgment yet.
Maybe in this thread... but in others, it's obvious that some people definitely have.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #31
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

The thing I hope they contine to work on is the running anmaitons the hand movement just doesn't look right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 14

Night and Day!

Good Job EA
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »