Home

Madden 09 and 10 vids to compare

This is a discussion on Madden 09 and 10 vids to compare within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #33
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden 09 and 10 vids to compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
Night and Day!

Good Job EA
+1
Old 05-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 24

Awesome. Did anyone notice the Weather Channel logo at the very beginning? When the weather was shown? Cool stuff!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 10

Bgamer90
Quote:
Well I think we should see more vids until we make final judgments like that. I mean it's obvious that IGN cut a lot of stuff out just so that things can get announced later, and also Ian has said that the game has improved a lot since that vid was taken (2 weeks ago), and also there's things being fixed as we speak right now.
Im not making any final judgements..I think there is plenty more to see with presentation..but exactly how much of a difference are you expecting two weeks to make? do you think they have an extra set of realistic commentary that they're saving for e3? do you think they saved real hips in the running animations for e3? Do I think the game is better than what we saw? yes..do I think the players will have realistic movement in their bodies..I unfortunately doubt it.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

M10 wins that contest easily IMO, but after watching the M10 video numerous times, there's no way the Cowboys should've recovered the fumble. You can clearly see that #99 was still trying to take the ball away from 2 Eagles when they gave possession to the Cowboys.

That's what I don't like about a button mashing contest in that situation. The scene is random, and the button mash winner gets possession no matter how it actually looks.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #37
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I really didnt see a big difference during actual gameplay. The graphics were a little improved but wheres the jostling between wr/db? Wheres the pro-tak? Where is the procedural awareness? On that touchdown the wr didnt turn his head until the very last second and the db never looked back.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #38
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
Bgamer90

Im not making any final judgements..I think there is plenty more to see with presentation..but exactly how much of a difference are you expecting two weeks to make? do you think they have an extra set of realistic commentary that they're saving for e3? do you think they saved real hips in the running animations for e3? Do I think the game is better than what we saw? yes..do I think the players will have realistic movement in their bodies..I unfortunately doubt it.
Ian has said that the crowd noise has been fixed since then and also he said that the game overall is much better.

But yeah, we will see in future vids.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 26

M09 required me to turn down the brightness on my tv because the players were so "flashy"

M10 looks like the colors are much more real. That is just the looking on the surface of it.

When I watched the video a second time I noticed the guy jumping on top of the pile and falling off lol I didnt realize that was a foul though. Never heard of it before.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I really didnt see a big difference during actual gameplay. The graphics were a little improved but wheres the jostling between wr/db? Wheres the pro-tak? Where is the procedural awareness? On that touchdown the wr didnt turn his head until the very last second and the db never looked back.
In the IGN thread, Ian stated Pro-Tak was not on. Also, that would mean there was no wr/db jostling.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »