Home

Do You Care About Player Equipment?

This is a discussion on Do You Care About Player Equipment? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Do You Care About Player Equipment?

I mean no disrespect to the people that do care alot about equiptment, but to tell you the truth, I don't really pay attention to facemasks, cleats, socks, sleeves, etc. Even if uniforms are slightly wrong, I don't really notice.

To me, the game has to be fun. And to be fun, it has to have good gameplay and the franchise has to keep my attention for 10+ seasons. To tell you the truth, if gameplay/presentation/franchise are extremely refined, they wouldn't have to improve the graphics at all from past Maddens and I would still think it was great.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
While I think it is great that you do care, I personally don't care. When I am in year 20 in my Franchise is it going to matter what equipment they put on Peyton Manning? No, he will be long retired. I just can't justify it in my head either since you are really only close enough to see facemask's and other small equipment when you zoom in on replays and I hardly ever spend time looking at replays. It just isn't a priority to me.

It is all about game play to me because even if all the player equipment is spot on, if the game sucks I'll never see the play equipment.

Please don't take this as me trying to start an argument about player equipment. I know everyone has different priorities when it comes to sports games. This is just really low on my priority list.
It's fine that you don't care too much about the equipment, people like me are just more OCD than others. I just joined this board so I was just trying to see how many people on here are like me. I'm not really a big franchise guy, I just like to get a group of my buddies together and beat them lol.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

It will only bother me if I see something glaring like linebackers wearing punter/kicker facemasks from the 60s and 70s, like in NCAA 09 on the PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay
It will only bother me if I see something glaring like linebackers wearing punter/kicker facemasks from the 60s and 70s, like in NCAA 09 on the PS2.
Haha, they had those facemask's in NCAA 09?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

Nah, I don't care about getting the equipment to a perfect T. right now I care about gameplay. Making the game fun again and feeling the same adrenaline of watching my favorite team play.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

I care, its very important.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It makes absolutely zero difference to me. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. The game looks fine to me but after I saw the gameplay vids and got worried the gameplay didnt improve much, Im debating on going back to PS2 for Madden 10. Sure its a much uglier game, but the gameplay on it was great.

Please give me a playable copy of PS2 Madden to boot when/if I buy the PS3 copy so I know im getting something I can play, EA! Call it the "Madden complete package" or something so people dont have to know its for guys like me that have hated nexgen gameplay and dont give a crap about colored cleats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It makes absolutely zero difference to me. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. The game looks fine to me but after I saw the gameplay vids and got worried the gameplay didnt improve much, Im debating on going back to PS2 for Madden 10. Sure its a much uglier game, but the gameplay on it was great.

Please give me a playable copy of PS2 Madden to boot when/if I buy the PS3 copy so I know im getting something I can play, EA! Call it the "Madden complete package" or something so people dont have to know its for guys like me that have hated nexgen gameplay and dont give a crap about colored cleats.
I agree that if the gameplay sucks then the game sucks and isn't worth playing but for me if the players don't look authentic it just takes away from the experience.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »