Home

A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

This is a discussion on A little lesson I learned a few years ago. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

I get what your saying. The Madden team's interaction with the community has kind of created a monster that's hard to tame. People see what's happening here and there is a lot more people on this board and they all want their voice heard.

It was inevitable really. The status quo now is that every video or screen that is released is picked apart so badly by so many people that it has to be frustrating from a designers standpoint. I'm not saying that the critiques that are given are a bad thing in any way because they are great to help the game improve. A lot of them now though turn into disrespect but that is just the way of the internet. A few people criticizing is one thing but when there is hundreds or thousands at a time, I'm sure it gets a little overwhelming.

With the good always comes the bad.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
I clearly understand what you're saying, but don't people have the right to speak their minds and voice their dislikes about the game. Giving an opinion or providing great info that will better the game is not offending nor is it attacking.

Attacking someone to me is basically using profanity and simply straight bashing him or her. I've been on many sports forums, and yes some people do go on the attack via attacking someone personally. However, not everyone does that -- and giving your point of views about a game that has left many baffled yearly, in no way is offensive.
Yes we all have the right to speak our minds and whatever means of expression we choose to use.....and you know that I wasn't arguing against that....but we all know to well what Madden is like with they choose to ignore our suggestions don't we?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

That's true and the devs should have expected that. You can't control the the internet attitudes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
i don't work for ea, never will work for ea. its not like im goin to get or not get a job from whining on some stupid forum all day.

if the jest of your argument is that we should be yes men and be as favorable as we can to our superiors, eveyrone knows that. thats how you get promoted. but this isn't the work place, we aren't the employee, we are the cosumer. we can make as much of a ruckus as we want because we pay their salary
It's obvious you don't get the picture and refuse to explain it again.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
No. Just take advice from someone who has made one of the worst career moves a person can make.
I understand exactly what you're saying. I've said many times that we need to make the best out of the privilege of interacting directly with the EA Sports Madden NFL developers and try not to lose it. Not everyone has the same privileges that we have because we are actually giving the Madden team ideas to put into the game. Constructive criticism is what attracted the Madden team to OS in the first place, also considering the fact that there are many hardcore gamers here with many ideas. Personal attacks and attacks at the developers in general will only have them stop using community interaction because they'd feel that it was a bad decision in the first place.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I understand exactly what you're saying. I've said many times that we need to make the best out of the privilege of interacting directly with the EA Sports Madden NFL developers and try not to lose it. Not everyone has the same privileges that we have because we are actually giving the Madden team ideas to put into the game. Constructive criticism is what attracted the Madden team to OS in the first place, also considering the fact that there are many hardcore gamers here with many ideas. Personal attacks and attacks at the developers in general will only have them stop using community interaction because they'd feel that it was a bad decision in the first place.
Ian's told us before he doesn't visit certain forums because they got so ugly. Unfortunately, it seems that's whats happening here. I guess you can't stop a virus from spreading sometimes.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Whats funny is I too helped our state representative a few years back. But his family still keeps in touch. In fact, his daughter came up a few days ago.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
Ian's told us before he doesn't visit certain forums because they got so ugly. Unfortunately, it seems that's whats happening here. I guess you can't stop a virus from spreading sometimes.
To be honest, I've read through other Madden forums and they are terrible. We just need to keep using constructive criticism, but try not to use personal attacks or complain about how people hate EA Sports, and so on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »