Home

A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

This is a discussion on A little lesson I learned a few years ago. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #33
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUG-Z
I know all about the exclusive license. By the way, I read half of that thread and stopped on page 15. Yes, it was a bit harsh, but I just saw one comment that was somewhat out of line which stated something to the effect of are you American or American't; that was actually funny though. But yeah, comments like that should not be said.

The thread, however, does make a good point because the running animation that is shown in Madden 10 doesn't look like the prototype (the green room showcasing the movement) that was initially shown.

I also found it funny how the art developer called APF running style cartoony; to me, that's the best running style I've ever seen in any football game -- with every player having their own distinct style, from Barry Sanders to Walter Payton, etc.
He said that there were a lot of exaggerated hip and shoulder movements in 2k's running animations that he was not a fan of. He went on to say that real humans are fairly stiff when sprinting and he also stated that they do use real running backs to make their cycles from the result. He gave a good example as to why he think that 2k's running style is "cartoony" although I think that their running animations were a lot better than Madden's. He just thought that 2k's running style was too exaggerated.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
At one time I had access to one of my state's most powerful politicians. I worked on his campaign, stayed at his house, drove him to meet important people, you get the picture. But like so many of us, I took him for granted....blowing off meetings, etc. Well after he won the election (elected as a state representative) , I realized that this could possibly help me in my career, so I tried to get back in close to him....he didn't give me a second thought.....I blew it. In some ways we as the OS community need to appreciate the access to the EA developers and realize that offending such persons is probably not in our best collective interests. I'm not saying that Madden is perfect (probably will not ever be: and did you think Ian could fix it all this year?) but having access can get you things that you would not otherwise be capable of obtaining. Let's face it: EA is never going to relinquish the NFL license so we have to make the best of the situation we have.
This would make an awesome blog post in your OS Arena. Not so much in terms of a post in the forums.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »