Home

A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

This is a discussion on A little lesson I learned a few years ago. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38
A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

At one time I had access to one of my state's most powerful politicians. I worked on his campaign, stayed at his house, drove him to meet important people, you get the picture. But like so many of us, I took him for granted....blowing off meetings, etc. Well after he won the election (elected as a state representative) , I realized that this could possibly help me in my career, so I tried to get back in close to him....he didn't give me a second thought.....I blew it. In some ways we as the OS community need to appreciate the access to the EA developers and realize that offending such persons is probably not in our best collective interests. I'm not saying that Madden is perfect (probably will not ever be: and did you think Ian could fix it all this year?) but having access can get you things that you would not otherwise be capable of obtaining. Let's face it: EA is never going to relinquish the NFL license so we have to make the best of the situation we have.

Last edited by Tarheel; 05-29-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: A little lesson I learned a few years ago.

so you're suggesting that we lay down and appease the Empire?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

No. Just take advice from someone who has made one of the worst career moves a person can make.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
so you're suggesting that we lay down and appease the Empire?
If you can't tell the different between slurping on the EA devs and what Tarheel is saying then you will never make it far in life.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19

Judging by this image... I wonder which side is OS, and which side is Ian.

That's what this forum has become.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
At one time I had access to one of my state's most powerful politicians. I worked on his campaign, stayed at his house, drove him to meet important people, you get the picture. But like so many of us, I took him for granted....blowing off meetings, etc. Well after he won the election (elected as a state representative) , I realized that this could possibly help me in my career, so I tried to get back in close to him....he didn't give me a second thought.....I blew it. In some ways we as the OS community need to appreciate the access to the EA developers and realize that offending such persons is probably not in our best collective interests. I'm not saying that Madden is perfect (probably will not ever be: and did you think Ian could fix it all this year?) but having access can get you things that you would not otherwise be capable of obtaining. Let's face it: EA is never going to relinquish the NFL license so we have to make the best of the situation we have.
I clearly understand what you're saying, but don't people have the right to speak their minds and voice their dislikes about the game. Giving an opinion or providing great info that will better the game is not offending nor is it attacking.

Attacking someone to me is basically using profanity and simply straight bashing him or her. I've been on many sports forums, and yes some people do go on the attack via attacking someone personally. However, not everyone does that -- and giving your point of views about a game that has left many baffled yearly, in no way is offensive.

Last edited by THUG-Z; 05-29-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

i don't work for ea, never will work for ea. its not like im goin to get or not get a job from whining on some stupid forum all day.

if the jest of your argument is that we should be yes men and be as favorable as we can to our superiors, eveyrone knows that. thats how you get promoted. but this isn't the work place, we aren't the employee, we are the cosumer. we can make as much of a ruckus as we want because we pay their salary
Old 05-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
i don't work for ea, never will work for ea. its not like im goin to get or not get a job from whining on some stupid forum all day.
Why are you here then?

To some of us, this isn't a stupid forum. For me, it's wonderful that I can access the guys who make this game directly.

Crappy game or awesome game, having this kind of interaction is one of a kind.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »