Home

Difference between Madden PS2 and PS3 football

This is a discussion on Difference between Madden PS2 and PS3 football within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Difference between Madden PS2 and PS3 football

OK, let me preface this thread by saying I'm a long time player of Madden football on PS2. I own a PS3, but didn't buy 08 for the PS3 and only rented PS3 Madden last year. I was a bit disappointed, so I just stuck with the PS2 version I was familiar with. Now we're onto the 2010 version, and I'm pretty sure they won't be making any more Madden games for the PS2. Could someone give me a good idea of the differences between the 2, and the adjustments I'll have to make when I finally do start with the PS3 version this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Re: Difference between Madden PS2 and PS3 football

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
OK, let me preface this thread by saying I'm a long time player of Madden football on PS2. I own a PS3, but didn't buy 08 for the PS3 and only rented PS3 Madden last year. I was a bit disappointed, so I just stuck with the PS2 version I was familiar with. Now we're onto the 2010 version, and I'm pretty sure they won't be making any more Madden games for the PS2. Could someone give me a good idea of the differences between the 2, and the adjustments I'll have to make when I finally do start with the PS3 version this year?
I'm in a similar boat.

I've had Madden 06 on XBOX and have played it to this day. I've only had maybe 5 games total of experience on 360/PS3 with the various Madden's over the last few years.

The thing I do know is that it'll feel, look, and play nothing like the past version. I'm sure you know this though, as you explained that you have played a little bit of the PS3 version of Madden.

So that gets me to thinking, why did you start this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I own an Xbox 360 and still own the original Xbox, but the transition from last-gen to next-gen Maddens to me wasn't very hard. A few buttons are different, but you'll get used to it. Practice a lot to get a better feel for the game and you'll be okay. I've played all of the next-gen versions of Madden and I'm sure your transition won't be very hard.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

ps3 Way better graphics and better flow to the game. The controls are a little different.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Well a lot of people didnt like the new controls(i still dont), but i think they may bring back the option to change them to what u like so you may be able to keep the controls you use on ps2. (I hope they do this)

The other adjustment is the missing d calls. No shading wrs, no playing off one guy and bumping another, no man lock to disguise your coverage. Wait and see what comes out in the next couple weeks though-this might change with Madden 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »