Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: A Little Jets/Seahawks Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: A Little Jets/Seahawks Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #193
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: A Little Jets/Seahawks Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Uh oh. I don't like the sound of that.
There's no denying the fun I had playing that unfinished version of the game, but as open as they were to suggestions, and as easily & quickly as some things were addressed on the spot, I expected more.

I assumed footwork, especially for defenders, and the pocket would be addressed. Major let downs at this point.

But there's still time... I think.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #194
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

The game play sequences in this video are really short, and we don't get a side view of the players running styles when they have the ball, however from the back view it sure looks like there are new running animations in the game. Of course, that might just be wishful thinking on my part. Ian said they were working on new animations, gave us a peak at one them (which looked far better than the old ones), told us to be patient for the new ones as they were reworking all running animations, and then never spoke on the subject again.

I'm basing my guess at new running animations based on the arm/shoulder movement of the players who have the ball.

What do you guys think? New running animations?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #195
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
Guys that played this at CD, based on the videos it seems that most of the foot planting and momentum work was done on the offensive end and the defense can still play unrealistically, is that a fair assessement in you opinion.
Yes. I have a bad habit of playing as if players will respond realistically. I remember throwing a few pics not expecting defenders to react so quickly.

Hopefully Ian & company realize how much of a gameplay issue this is.

I do remember being punished for over running plays, but that's probably because defenders plant for 180 degree changes of direction. Hopefully it's easily tuned to account for more subtle changes in direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #196
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
PLEASE send me a PM or something when that day comes. I cannot WAIT to hear what you think about Madden NFL 10. Hell, I may even hold off on buying it until I found out whether or not YOU like it!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #197
Rookie

rbowlden's Arena

OVR: 21
i sure hope you dont have to have that circle on all of the time...
Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 AM   #198
Banned

OVR: 2
How about HIGHLIGHTS at Half-Time? Are refs going to throw yellow flags for penalties. Are coaches going to throw the red flag for challenges? What about weather effects? Are the fans going to wear proper attire that fits the weather? If it rains or snows people should be wearing rain jackets & snow coats? Is the grass going to look muddy in rainy conditions as the players trample on it. Grass should kick up as players plant their feet with change of direction. We had most of these things on the PS2.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:37 AM   #199
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k9
How about HIGHLIGHTS at Half-Time? Are refs going to throw yellow flags for penalties. Are coaches going to throw the red flag for challenges? What about weather effects? Are the fans going to wear proper attire that fits the weather? If it rains or snows people should be wearing rain jackets & snow coats? Is the grass going to look muddy in rainy conditions as the players trample on it. Grass should kick up as players plant their feet with change of direction. We had most of these things on the PS2.
quite spamming random threads with this post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »