Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: A Little Jets/Seahawks Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: A Little Jets/Seahawks Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 10 Video: A Little Jets/Seahawks Gameplay

K let's talk about THIS video guys not 2k or whatever. I like that we are seeing some of the weather. I think it looked just about the same as last year. But like somebody said earlier....a pass floated over a linebacker's head! Holy eff! That's good to see. Tho the pro-tak didnot look too good. At one point the jets defender morphs through the seahawks guy trying to tackle him...is that right or am I going blind? Again let's not get too crazy it was only like 50 seconds of gameplay vid..I would love to see a full game vid uncut or at least a quarter to get a better feel for pro-tak and such....ahhhhh E3 days away....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 18

this isnt to amazing .... i just want to see a full game of the chicago bears ............ thenwe can say if it is good or not
Old 05-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

I'm just not hyped on how the animations look in this game. It's really killing me.
me too
Old 05-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #68
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
True, but they should try to make it more subtle or something because that big red circle is ridiculous and just take away from the realism
yea and circles under the guys you control really adds to realism

While i would have liked it to be something not so bright red, its not something that i'm going to sit and bitch about. I thought it was dumb and then someone had mentioned baseball games and i thought about MLB the Show where theres a big shadow and then a ball that gets smaller and smaller so you know where its going to land. This is basically the same thing so now i really dont mind it. Someone said they should have a different camera angle but i would be most annoyed if everytime i threw the ball the camera angle changed or have to use a different camera angle because i like this camera angle. This just lets you know exactly where the ball is going to land so you dont run to the wrong spot and when the ball is going to arrive so you can time your catch better.

Its really not a big deal, people are making way too big of a deal about it. They should have chose a lighter color than red but they didnt so you're going to just have to live with it.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #69
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

and man those Seahawks uni's are UGLY, but i'll make them wear them once or twice, my eyes prob wont be able to take much more than that.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Some Jets Seahawk gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
That huge red ball landing circle is hideous... what... were... they... thinking?
For real! WTF is that?!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #71
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Damn, I guess I'm the only person in the world that likes the red dot. Doesn't anyone want to be able to play as the safety and be able to track the ball to make a pick besides me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #72
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Route based passing... You know, I own 2k5, and I own APF, and the pass location works no differently in either of those games than Madden 10. If a guy is just about to make a cut, the QB will throw to the spot he should be. If he's away from a cut, the QB will throw to the logical spot he can make the play. It works the same in both games. If your timing is off, the game auto-adjusts the QBs target.

I think it should be less forgiving myself, but stop claiming 2k did something Madden 10's not in that respect.

The trouble is the defense, not the passing. Screw the passing for a minute.

If your WR is running a 10 yard square out (as opposed to a speed out, which is less timing-based), and the QB is taking a 5 step drop, the ball should be in the air before the WR has even hinted he might cut. When he turns his head, he should be able to raise his hands and catch the ball before he's even really started moving again. That's a perfect out. And the reason is, if he runs an out, the CB knows as soon as he pushes off his inside foot where the ball is going.

It's not the passing that needs adjusting... its' the defenders. They need to attack a pattern when they know what it is. The window for completing a square out pattern is tiny, and no game has yet really reflected that well.
Truly. Every football game has the same passing styles and stuff like that. Nothing else to say accept that if you don't like madden 10 then go ncaa 10 are go back to nfl 2k5. Thats all I have to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »