Home

Losing isn't the same anymore

This is a discussion on Losing isn't the same anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #25
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Losing isn't the same anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Hammond
try..........playing as only...............1 player throughout..................the whole.................. game

(Example)
Play as only the WR............on offense
or the CB..................on defense
and try...................to win....................that way.

I was where you..................are now, but it happened with me................on last gen.
I got to a...................point....................where I could ....................never lose...............to the......................CPU.
So I made things tougher.............................on myself...................by only using one player.
lmao
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #26
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

I know exactly how you feel. Madden's "adapt to you" was really cheat to beat you. I hope they find some balance this year and make the good teams good with the schemes they run and not giving the AI superhuman powers.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #27
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I agree with the OP 100%. In fact, this ruined our online dynasty in NCAA. The first 3 or 4 seasons were great. About the 5th season, we began to realize that the only time someone loses is when they play another human. We tried changing settings and everything. We put sliders drastically in favor of the cpu, but nothing worked. In the end it didn't help. By the time we got to the end of season 6, most of the users were pretty much ready to try something else. I'd really like to have to gameplan for the cpu like I did for human opponents. We'll see what happens this year. I remember earlier, Ian twitted about not being able to beat the cpu. If it's still like that when the game ships, then this might be the year the challenging cpu makes a return. I sure hope it is.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #28
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I agree with the OP 100%. In fact, this ruined our online dynasty in NCAA. The first 3 or 4 seasons were great. About the 5th season, we began to realize that the only time someone loses is when they play another human. We tried changing settings and everything. We put sliders drastically in favor of the cpu, but nothing worked. In the end it didn't help. By the time we got to the end of season 6, most of the users were pretty much ready to try something else. I'd really like to have to gameplan for the cpu like I did for human opponents. We'll see what happens this year. I remember earlier, Ian twitted about not being able to beat the cpu. If it's still like that when the game ships, then this might be the year the challenging cpu makes a return. I sure hope it is.
+ 1
Old 05-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
You really need to stop doing that lol.w
yes, why does he keep doing that?

anyways, I feel u Indy. The only game I ever lost respectably was to the Falcons in i think madden 06 (ps2). It was beautiful and I think it was like 34 - 35 or 35 to 37? something like that where I needed a play to get into the redzone but time just ran out. that was a great game.

Now, it's nothing to go undefeated and win the superbowl. the superbowl is the SUPER --- BOWL!!! It's super! It is amazingly hard to get to the superbowl and win which is why it is always uncertain when you'll get back there, especially since teams make so many changes during the offseason..... which is why the offseason and draft AI (and draft) need to be on point, but i digress. The outcome of games are always up in the air in football ("which is why you play the game") and it should be even higher in the air as you get closer and closer to the superbowl.

I've always wanted a losing season (or an 8-8 season with my chargers) and have a beast offseason mode so that I could build up my team. I've always wanted to take control of a weak team and build them up to champion level. I actually used to take the Cards in franchise mode and tried to build them up but because of the weak offseason mode, it didn't really make sense. and i started that in 06 (ps2) and have tried to do it in each installment since (07 ps2 and the rest ps3) only to end in disappointment. I understand what you're feelin man.... which is probably why i've been going on and on. Anybody else who thinks ranting about this issue is stupid needs to go on and find some other website forum to hate madden on.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 05-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
+5 I hope so too.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Hammond
try..........playing as only...............1 player throughout..................the whole.................. game

(Example)
Play as only the WR............on offense
or the CB..................on defense
and try...................to win....................that way.

I was where you..................are now, but it happened with me................on last gen.
I got to a...................point....................where I could ....................never lose...............to the......................CPU.
So I made things tougher.............................on myself...................by only using one player.
Comedic gold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 5

the CPU just cant compete with the human brain when its fair ground. i mention this once before in one of my threads and eventually CPU is no match for USER.

thats why im emphasizing full multiplayer experience in madden cause thats the only way USER get challenges. CPU Does nothing for me but practice after awhile

the only way EA or any company makes A.I. a challenge if they handicap the gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »