Home

Losing isn't the same anymore

This is a discussion on Losing isn't the same anymore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:14 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Losing isn't the same anymore

Yeah, I agree with the OP. I legit, go 19-0 or 18-1 every season, I ALWAYS win the Superbowl. The only game that I ever lose is the LAST game of the regular season when I rest all of my first stringers after 1 QTR and put in my backups the whole game. If you win the SB every year, whats the fun in the offseason? No matter what FA's/Draft players you pick, your team is still going to be sick.

The problem is with the logic of the AI. It needs to play according to what kind of plays we are using. Im not saying cheesing, but im saying properly adapting, like a real NFL team would. If im gaining 10 yards on 7 carries, I don't expect the defense to bite on play-action. If I have 200 yards with Peterson, I expect 8 in the box every damn play. If im passing 50 times a game, I want to see nickle/dime packages from the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 01:51 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

I always lose because I throw to many INT. Turnovers kill me in this years game.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:03 AM   #43
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

I went 9-7 with the Raiders with my PUNTER at QB. I was trying to go 0-16 to get the #1 pick. BUT I MADE THE PLAYOFFS. And this was simming btw.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:15 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00T
I went 9-7 with the Raiders with my PUNTER at QB. I was trying to go 0-16 to get the #1 pick. BUT I MADE THE PLAYOFFS. And this was simming btw.
Well, simming is an entirely different issue. That's the fault of the sim engine, not the gameplay against CPU AI.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #45
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
I honestly feel that I can't lose for real anymore. The only way I can lose in Madden and NCAA is if the CPU decides it has to do whatever it takes to win, whether that be cheating by making it's players better than they are or my players worse than they are. I can't play a game and lose because my team had worse players, or played a bad game, or because I just didn't play well. It is always because the CPU wanted to win that game. I hate losing. But when I lose games I want to feel like it was my fault I lost and not the games fault.

I want as realistic of a game as possible so that I can finally go through multiple years of Franchise (now Online Franchise) and have fun with it, whether I win the Super Bowl or miss the playoffs. In last gen, I was able to lose games because I didn't utilize my teams strengths and my opponents weaknesses. In current gen Madden's, there are no team strengths and weaknesses. There are no team specific playbooks and strategies that you can study during Franchise the week before and set up a gameplan before the game. You can't tell your players to key in on the run because you're playing Minnesota this week. You can't tell your secondary to watch the deep threat because your playing the Eagles and they have DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin on opposite sides. There is no strategy involved in both football games and it upsets me that I can't replicate a real football game.

I guess this is just me blowing off some steam and rambling on about what should be in the game. I just want to have a realistic game and 3 months ago it seemed like my dream was coming true. The IGN video looked extremely promising with a pretty good pre-game warm-up and they skipped through some of it, it has some good cutscenes even though they started a little early, and the gameplay looked great.

This post has nothing to do with anything. I just want to have a realistic representation of the NFL and Madden started to look like that, but now it is starting to slip. The running animations look horrific and there are some gameplay hiccups. Anyone can say that the game isn't finished but there is only a month and a half to finish the game and get it tuned and polished before they need to start shipping and stuff like that.

I don't want to have to wait another year to get a video game that makes you feel like you are actually controlling real life players. Madden 10 needs to be the year I buy the first Madden since 07' on regular Xbox. In Franchise, it is the last game of the season and I need to win the game to make the playoffs. For Madden 10, if I end up losing that game, I don't want to be upset that I lost because the CPU cheated me out of a win. I want to be upset because I just got knocked out of the playoff runnings and I have to try again next season.
I agree, the days where i can beat or lose to a team by less than 14 points can hopefully be right around the corner.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »