Home

Has the "Hit Stick" evolved?

This is a discussion on Has the "Hit Stick" evolved? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Has the "Hit Stick" evolved?

Since it was announced many moons ago, it has always been the same thing a battering ram, yes the method in which the blow is being delivered has changed via Mo cap per the last blog. Other than delivering a blow what does it offer?

Madden tackle types
Tackle via button
1. Dive tackle

Tackle via Right Stick
2. Hit stick

2k tackle types
Tackle via button

1. Wrap tackle
2. Hit tackle i.e. dive tackle

Tackle via right stick

3. Hit stick click Right stick "big hit"
4. Hit stick High tackle flick Right stick up
5. Hit stick Low tackle flick Right stick down
6. Hit stick reach tackle based on player ability push and hold right stick in up direction.

You see the evolution I'm talking about 2K had a vision rooted in football, little guys wrapping up the big guys waiting for team mates to finish the job. Or the little guy again wanting to deliver the blow to a bigger offensive player he could do so by tackling him low via the right stick or high if he likes living dangerously. Reach tackle grabbing a guy from behind if your ratings dictate you had that ability.

I want to see the tackles evolve outside of being a battering ram and I'm hoping Pro Tak will introduce those aspects instead of adding x amount of tacklers I would like to see end users administer different type of tackles for the task at hand. It makes for a great chess match in the open field.

Last edited by backbreaker; 05-31-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Re: Has the "Hit Stick" evolved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Since it was announced many moons ago, it has always been the same thing a battering ram, yes the method in which the blow is being delivered has changed via Mo cap per the last blog. Other than delivering a blow what does it offer?

Madden tackle types
Tackle via button
1. Dive tackle

Tackle via Right Stick
2. Hit stick

2k tackle types
Tackle via button

1. Wrap tackle
2. Hit tackle i.e. dive tackle

Tackle via right stick

3. Hit stick "big hit"
4. Hit stick High tackle flick Right stick up
5. Hit stick Low tackle flick Right stick down
6. Hit stick reach tackle based on player ability push and hold right stick in up direction.

You see the evolution I'm talking about 2K had a vision rooted in football, little guys wrapping up the big guys waiting for team mates to finish the job. Or the little guy again wanting to deliver the blow to a bigger offensive player he could do so by tackling him low via the right stick or high if he likes living dangerously. Reach tackle grabbing a guy from behind if your ratings dictate you had that ability.

I want to see the tackles evolve outside of being a battering ram and I'm hoping Pro Tak will introduce those aspects instead of adding x amount of tacklers I would like to see end users administer different type of tackles for the task at hand.
Not a lot has been discussed about the hit stick recently.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

The only thing I hated with the 2K system, was the clicking the right stick for the big hit. I found it hard to do that while trying to get in position and everything for the hit and timing the click right
Old 05-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
The only thing I hated with the 2K system, was the clicking the right stick for the big hit. I found it hard to do that while trying to get in position and everything for the hit and timing the click right
Hits are situational, if you're trying to deliver a big hit, you must be in position to do so think (Clark Steelers WS vs. Raven RB McGahee last year AFC title game) you must be in a great position to do so, not trying to maneuver to obtain the hit, you should already have your sights set on the target. This is why I say situational and task at hand. Position size and opportunity will most times dictate the type of tackle you want to deliver.

Last edited by backbreaker; 05-31-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

All that I have heard is that it will be more risk/reward. In madden 09, I found myself using hitstick on every play on defense and I wouldn't be punished because of it. So they tuned it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
All that I have heard is that it will be more risk/reward. In madden 09, I found myself using hitstick on every play on defense and I wouldn't be punished because of it. So they tuned it.
Hopefully it's a lot better this year.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The hit stick info has been very light as of right now. Not much info. But hopefully more info will come out this week at e3 on the hit stick and how it will work this year.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Don't forget the ol' just run into them tackle. I like it because I always miss with the dive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »