Home

The Madden 10 "All Things Coaches" Thread

This is a discussion on The Madden 10 "All Things Coaches" Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Will Sean McDermott be the Eagles DC this year in M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
Jim Johnson stepped down for his cancer treatment, and we filled it in with one of our in-home coaches....My question is if he will be the DC in M10 or will it still be Jim, because it happened maybe 2 weeks ago.
If Jim Johnson is still going to be the defensive coordinator for the entire season, then the answer is no and you should be happy. If Jim Johnson ever leaves the Eagles, then that defense will never be the same.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: List of coaches in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
They just put all the coaches from on all of the teams and put them into the game.

Where did you get this information? Link please?

I don't think Ian or Josh mentioned this specifically that every coach would be in the game.

I am really hoping we can hire coordinators and position coaches just like Head Coach, but we also need to have a list somewhere of who are the coaches from each team- because in head coach you only knew when in the off season when coahces were fired/hired and you couldn't tell who was available or what their weakness/strengths were.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
Where did you get this information? Link please?

I don't think Ian or Josh mentioned this specifically that every coach would be in the game.

I am really hoping we can hire coordinators and position coaches just like Head Coach, but we also need to have a list somewhere of who are the coaches from each team- because in head coach you only knew when in the off season when coahces were fired/hired and you couldn't tell who was available or what their weakness/strengths were.
Yeah that is one thing that used to be a little aggravating. You have to wait until the off-season to figure out who was available. This is one area of the game that needs more exposure during the season.

Maybe the game can include some sort of feature or articles that highlight who the "hot" coordinators are that will be up for head coaching jobs. Also, more position coaches need to be available because we are starting to see them more and more become legit head coaching candidates IRL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I can't speak about Madden 2010 but in past years you'd have most of the head coaches and coordinators and some position coaches thrown in. I'd guess it'd be the same this year.
I have to agree with this.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
If Jim Johnson is still going to be the defensive coordinator for the entire season, then the answer is no and you should be happy. If Jim Johnson ever leaves the Eagles, then that defense will never be the same.

I think you're over-estimating his power on the D. Yes, it was quite effective, but over the past two seasons the "24/7 blitz" scheme got figured out by a lot of teams, and while we pressured a lot, we rarely actually got to the QB in the form of a sack. He never really updated his gameplan....New blood can't hurt. Kurt Warner had all day to throw in the NFCCG. By the looks of it, JJ is done, we signed the old Cowboys assistant Stewart to be the DB coach...So McDermott as of now is offiially the new D Coord.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #14
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey225
I think you're over-estimating his power on the D. Yes, it was quite effective, but over the past two seasons the "24/7 blitz" scheme got figured out by a lot of teams, and while we pressured a lot, we rarely actually got to the QB in the form of a sack. He never really updated his gameplan....New blood can't hurt. Kurt Warner had all day to throw in the NFCCG. By the looks of it, JJ is done, we signed the old Cowboys assistant Stewart to be the DB coach...So McDermott as of now is offiially the new D Coord.
Are you serious? I hate to admit this but Jim Johnson is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league. Jim Johnson's defensive scheme is very tricky.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Are you serious? I hate to admit this but Jim Johnson is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league. Jim Johnson's defensive scheme is very tricky.
+1. That being said, very sad to see Johnson in such a state and I wish him the very best. We do owe him a debt of gratitude for handing us Steve Spags.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm wondering who the Colts coaches will be.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »