Home

Will you play more OFFline or ONline franchise?

This is a discussion on Will you play more OFFline or ONline franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
I like both, but will play more offline franchise 120 40.96%
I like both, but will play more online franchise 41 13.99%
I will ONLY play offline franchise 106 36.18%
I will ONLY play online franchise 22 7.51%
None. I prefer play now or online matches 4 1.37%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #49

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Will you play more OFFline or ONline franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
So I take it you are on of those people who just likes to sit there and beat the crap out of the computer relentlessly? What fun is that? Sports is all about competition and trying to outsmart your opponent. The CPU becomes predictable and ordinary. Human opponents do not. That's what makes competitive sports great.

People that typically say this are ones that don't put the game on All-Madden or even boost the CPU's sliders because they think the level "cheats."

The CPU can be very competetive an unpredictable with the right settings.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 55

I'll be an online franchise/online play only type guy. Have been since I had access to internet back in the day! Played Warcraft II through HEAT on dialup when I was like 12. Played Tecmo Super Bowl through an emulator online back then too. Online Franchise is where it'll be at!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 13

It's not that i don't love the idea of "online franchise", it's that i'll have to play at a certain time and be available for certain events at certain times... as an adult, i can't commit that to a computer game.

Offline however allows me to pick up and play when i have the time and desire.

I'm getting worried too that they've only focused on online franchise... the longer it goes without hearing anything means two things;

1) No news to give... zero improvements.

2) Massive upgrade, waiting for the PR crew to get their butts in gear.

4#2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
People that typically say this are ones that don't put the game on All-Madden or even boost the CPU's sliders because they think the level "cheats."

Ummmm no. It's software dude. Eventually it gets easy to beat if you play enough games. I've been there, done that. Eventually you beat the crap out of the cpu consistently. People who say they won't play online is because they have never had a real league with a group of guys they know who all get together and play. There is nothing better. Stick to people on your friends list or have tryouts for people who want to enter your league. That's what we did in our 2k franchise leagues back in 2004. It was amazing. I have been playing online football with the same group of guys since 2004. We are all in our 30s and it's great. Would it be fun playing fantasy football against a computer? Give it a try. There are plenty of guys here on this forum that can help you get into a great league with a good group.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #53
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

I dont know, when I play the cpu on all-madden, it's only harder because the cpu players are NFL speed and my guys run at a high school level, not because the cpu plays any differently. As far as having online leagues in before, not really, that feature was a joke. The schedules u could do were either play every other team once, 3 times, or 11 freakin times!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
So I take it you are on of those people who just likes to sit there and beat the crap out of the computer relentlessly? What fun is that? Sports is all about competition and trying to outsmart your opponent. The CPU becomes predictable and ordinary. Human opponents do not. That's what makes competitive sports great.
This argument is overplayed and misunderstanding of offline franchise players.

Offline Franchise players have been BEGGING for a smarter CPU. We don't enjoy kicking the crap out of the CPU any more than you seem to think we do.

Bottom line is there are those that prefer to take their chances with unknown human opponents under the risk of getting cheated and cheesed to death; And then there are those that either don't have high speed internet or simply have no desire to play against over-reacting, uber competitive humans that have no other pride in their lives besides a leaderboard or online Franchise Super Bowl (woopty-doo).

Both positions are biased but online gamers seem to be the loud minority.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

I already knew most people probably played madden and franchise offline, and after reading the entire thread I still do think that holds true.

Personally i can understand having life obligations like kids, school, and just other thing in life that are much more significant than video games. But doesn't it get boring and tiresome beating the cpu over and over again? A few pages back, the first page I believe, someone said the cpu plays the most realistic type of football and any human opponent does something unrealistic that “irks” him. I found that kind of funny, because he is suggesting that he is the only Madden player that can have a truly sim game, which couldn't be further from the truth.

The thing with me is, i love competition, I'm competitive by nature, and now that online franchise is in, its like the ultimate competition ground for Madden.The cpu is simply not a challenge before long, and to me I don't really like playing this game when I know I'm going to win. As well as not being fun, continuously beating up the cpu takes very little, since you pretty much know exactly what they are going to do after playing them so much. I think many people just don’t want to say it, but they just can’t handle losing and that is why they prefer offline.

And as a side note for everyone that says “online is a cheez fest” and “blah blah blah.” Its too bad that your letting someone else determine how you enjoy a console that you paid so much money for, and your also letting them deprive you of one of the best innovations ever created in video games; online gaming. I think the majority of people online are good people, but just as in everyday life there are a few bad apples, just weed them out. And online franchise is the perfect tool to do that.

Last edited by tjizzle; 06-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #56
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Ummmm no. It's software dude. Eventually it gets easy to beat if you play enough games. I've been there, done that. Eventually you beat the crap out of the cpu consistently. People who say they won't play online is because they have never had a real league with a group of guys they know who all get together and play. There is nothing better. Stick to people on your friends list or have tryouts for people who want to enter your league. That's what we did in our 2k franchise leagues back in 2004. It was amazing. I have been playing online football with the same group of guys since 2004. We are all in our 30s and it's great. Would it be fun playing fantasy football against a computer? Give it a try. There are plenty of guys here on this forum that can help you get into a great league with a good group.
I play games nonstop and with the correct sliders and settings.. the cpu IS competitive... I'm not sure if you have ever messed with sliders? You should give it a shot, maybe you would also enjoy playing offline.. I never beat the cpu consistently.. that wouldn't be realistic to me.. I make sure that if I am the inferior team, with the correct difficulty settings it should be VERY hard to win and I should probably lose... If i had an undefeated season I would quit, make the game harder, and start over...

Of course, I DO play online dynasty on NCAA '09... But playing games online can be a bit too laggy for me.. It makes the game a frustrating experience for me when it takes an extra split second for my character to move after I tell him to... I prefer the responsiveness of offline... The only reason I would play an online franchise is for all the off-the-field stuff... but we'll see how laggy it is when it comes out... hopefully it won't be so bad.. I just know I did not have a great time online in Madden '09 due to lag... Of course I only play online once every blue moon because of it.. so maybe I just got unlucky and played with someone with a poor connection or something....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »