Home

Rent, Buy or Pass?

This is a discussion on Rent, Buy or Pass? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Rent, Buy or Pass?
Rent 49 14.76%
Buy Immediately 226 68.07%
Wait For OS Reaction 43 12.95%
Wait for Madden 11 14 4.22%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 03:37 AM   #49
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rent, Buy or Pass?

Release day purchase for me.

XBL: Lordcledus

Old 06-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #50
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Too many things we've been asking for. Anybody who's passing will NEVER be satisfied.

After ten years...a studio show!!!!! Heck I don't even need the highlights.

lol...OR those of us passing (or not completely sold yet) are just a bit skeptical and want to either play it for ourselves or at the very least get some proof some of our individual concerns were addressed. I personally haven't seen anything to sell me on it just yet. I've heard plenty...but I won't pay for hearsay.

That aside, mark me down for a rental. I'm very happy with what I've seen thus far and commend the team for what appears to be considerable improvement (and real improvement at that) in a short time.

I need to ensure I'm going to want to play it for more than a handful of games, however, if I'm going to make the purchase. Franchise still holds plenty of unanswered questions for me. Until I get my hands on the game and can dive into it a bit, I'm firmly planted on that fence.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #51
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I may buy two copies incase I wear one out. This game will be played to death by me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #52
Rookie

thesteamontheboat's Arena

OVR: 8

If you bought any Madden on next gen you better buy this one. It is by far the best Madden in years based off screens and gameplay vids.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #53
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
Was originally going to rent but I'm leaning more towards buying now.
Same here. The new presentation, wide camera view, slower game speed, qb pocket, pile ups, gang tackles, and full stat tracking online leagues, has me pretty much sold right now.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 49

I have to give it up for EA Every January everyoe says that wont buy before a rent. And every june-august everyone does in fact buy. Personally, I havent seen the grand changed in the gameplay areas I was hoping for. It looks better, but stll not there yet for me. I'll be waiting for 2011 or renting.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #55
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
You're joking?
No, I am not joking.

We all have our "must have" issues. I play this game to run my offense, and my defense. Not having a play editor KILLS the replay value of the game for me.

I'll rent it, and play it a few times.

But until I can put "Smoke-Basher 352 Diamond-Strike" and the other 60 plays of my offense into the game, it's just not fun to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #56
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Presentation that STILL can't match 2K5?

No thanks. I'll be waiting for next years game. I've purchased every Madden since 06 and I've just had it with their inability to not only match a 5 year old game but pass it.

I don't like to judge people, but I'm sorry....you're all sheep. Sometimes I get the feeling that most people buy the game because they're huge NFL fans and just want to scratch an itch brought on from months and months of offseason waiting so they end up giving in.

I predict we'll see the EXACT same thing this year as we always see. Everyone wets their pants, flocks out like sheep and buys the game, gets home, finds out they were duped, experiences game breaking bugs, comes back into the forum, floods it with hate and "I'm serious, I'm going to rent this game from now on. No more getting fooled by hype for me" threads.

Not this guy though....I'm not falling for it. I love the NFL, and yeah...I really want an NFL sim to play but screw it. I'm not wasting $60.00 on a game that I'm going to complain about non stop for 4 months until I go and trade it in for $20.00. I've learned my lesson.

Last edited by Nintari; 06-21-2009 at 01:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »